Who in this forum is in an original band?

Mike_Hawk

• Members

original band.

although we play a few covers, only for sh!ts n giggles though. we played an immortal cover at our last show. once we black metaled 'war nerve' by pantera for a 'dimebag tribute'. everyone was like..
:confused:
huh?

Huh?

My band is all original

DEAR STRANGER!

although, a michael jackson song or two has slipped out once or twice.

but hey... it can happen to anyone.

• Members

All original band. I dig playing my music more than other peoples, but music is fun to play no matter what.

www.myspace.com/thewinsystem

I greatly prefer playing covers, but I mix some originals in.

(It's not that I don't get why some musicians take pride in the original thing. I have some good originals, maybe 45 minutes worth - I just like certain covers a lot better - and I know hundreds of those! ;)

As an aside, when I go out to hear bands, I mostly go hear cover acts. Yeah, I go to concert type shows, I appreciate good songwriting and original material, but in general in the local clubs - there are mostly cover bands. Some really good ones, I enjoy them a lot !

• Members

All originals here. Some of my friends have tried to lure me into joining cover bands, but it simply isn't something that offers much enjoyment for me. I write all the songs in my current band, and frankly enjoy songwriting more than playing guitar.

• Members

I played originals for more than 10 years and just quit this last year to join the darkside and play cover tunes. I really just got burned out on the original scene. I am finding it much easier to get good gigs playing in a cover band.

I still like to write and record my original stuff, but my desire to go out and perform it has died.

Max

• Members

I played originals for more than 10 years and just quit this last year to join the darkside and play cover tunes. I really just got burned out on the original scene. I am finding it much easier to get good gigs playing in a cover band.

I still like to write and record my original stuff, but my desire to go out and perform it has died.

Max

i hear ya. i've been doing originals for a long time and the current band i'm in will probably be my last one. after this, i'll probably do covers.

• Members

I'm in an original band called Validus.

It's latin, stands for the word "Power" we've only played about 7 gigs so far our first out of town one last saturday, next one this saturday.

I'm the lead guitarist andy, we have some recordings of our 6 oldest songs, hope to go back soon and record some more.

Archived