Help me put a new twist on an Elvis medley

flip333

• Members

Hello,

I have a new 3 piece band project cooking. We want to gig this summer. Classic rock. This is the kind of band that many of you despise.

Well, we have Jailhouse Rock and Blue Suede Shoes on the set list. I think many of our anticipated 35-55 yo audience will like this kind of stuff. When we play these songs, they feel sort of lame. I guess we could dump them, but I was hoping to polish them up a bit first.

Do you have any ideas to put a new spin on your tired old songs? Specifically, how about these? :confused:

I've seen some creative old songs put to new chord progressions that I would never have thought of.... or different rhythms.

Thank you for your thoughts!

• Moderators

One thing to try is striaght 8's. Like in Blue Suede Shoes? That is swung in the original. So try try it straight. Dave Edmonds used to twist old songs like this. If it was swung, he's straighten it out. Or visa versa. Or both in the same song. Nothin like playing straight 8s then the last verse slowing it down and swinging it. It kills. Get real loud and slow and swing.

Oh yeah.

Archived