I've never played MS or BEG in a band until this one...and you know...

zekmoe

• Members
I am heading out to play our last guest ranch gig this summer. We will be playing mustang sally,sweet home alabama, Keep your hands to yourself for sure and maybe BEG. We get fed, play maybe 2 hours home by around midnight. My share after expenses is $300.00. Say what you will about those songs but if we didn't play them then we might not be playing there. This is our eighth year at this venue. I reckon I have made at least $25,000.00 playing there.

very nice! so what if you have to play Mustang Sally and sweet home.... I'm sure you play other stuff too. and get paid well for it! :thu:

• Members

I'll be playing Mustang Sally at a wedding shortly.
:lol:

Hey, money talks and the groom wants the tune: just found out that my share will be 300 bucks so I'm in like Flynn.

I'll record it too, just for {censored}s and grins.
:cool:

Well, don't keep us in suspense........how did the gig go? Was playing 'Mustang Sally' all you thought it would be and more? Will you post the recordings?

• Members

If your in a coverband you should learn at least a half a dozen songs like Mustang Sally and BEG. You don't have to play them all the time but they do come in handy. If your playing a bar and having a hard time getting the crowd dancing whip one out and watch the people rush the dance floor. At the guest ranch I mentioned earlier when we play Mustang Sally the group will flood the dance floor and do the "Electric Slide". Once you got them out dancing if you don't dick around between songs you can keep them out there.

Archived