I just saw something cool as shit....

• Members

one of the bands that have recorded in my studio had their songwriter/singer/guitarist playing at an open mic in a little club that would most likely hold about 100 peeps before the fire marshall would shut it down. It was an acoustic setting with PA and the bass or any percussion less a drum set could participate.

He did his thing blah blah blah didn't mean nothin but I gotz to drink a couple of beers but then some dude with a sax hanging from his neck and a dean 12 string started a jam with a bass player.

it was going good and the groove was there and the guitarist stopped playing and started playing a sax solo that was sweet as a mofo..........

about 12 notes into the sax solo the power to the building went out and all of the emergency exit spot lights came on, which created a semi-surrealistic interior setting, and the sax player played a few more notes as he and the bass player realised that they had no more pa and the only thing broadcasting was the sax.... now dig this....

a dude about 50 years old was sitting in a booth waiting for his turn to play and he started strumming the chords to the ORIGINAL song that the dudes were playing while the sax guy tried to keep it going.......... then the dude with a tamborine that came with the 50 year old guy, sitting right next to him, started a percussion beat to go along..... :love::love::love::love:

suddenly I was sitting in a dark room with about 50 peeps with driinks listening to a guy IN THE CROWD jamming with a sax player ONSTAGE and they had a beat backup............................ my nipples probably got hard!!! It was cool as {censored}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They jammed for about 5 minutes, the crowd was {censored}ting their pants and suddenly was watching everything that the musicians in the room were doing and needless to say the party started real quick in the place.

the lights came back on about 40 seconds before they finished, everyone cheered and the players in the booth blushed and they set the next act up as I bought a round for the booth boyz......

that was a killer circumstance to witness and i dug it to the max :thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I played an open mic (it may have been my first) and I played a Third Day song "Your Love oh Lord" and a woman in the audience started playing some percussion, the featured performer (who was tuning up preparing to come on after me) joined in with some lead parts, another guy started playing the harmonica, and three ladies in the back added harmony vocals. It sounded pretty cool. Audience participation is cool.

I don't think it could have sounded any better if we had practiced it. I think when they invented music, group participation was what they had in mind.

Archived