ok.. this is the most amazing phenomenon

• Members

or BS ever :p

On the date of a scheduled audition, the audition-ee list goes list this:

- Drummers are 700% more likely to break their hand/wrists than any other day of the year, canceling the audition and not being able to make it at a later time.

- GF's and s/o's have 500% more hospitalizations and other personal tragedies that end up with the audition-ee not only missing the audition, but permanently not being able to make it ever again.

- 11,000% increased chance that the audition-ee will not only get a flat tire on the way to the audition, but not have a spare, or a jack, or AAA, or a cellphone to notify anyone. There is also a 200% increased chance that this happens on a road that sees no traffic whatsoever.

- Guitarists are 300% more likely to get carpal tunnel, tendinitis, or a number of other wrist/hand/arm ailments, that should normally take 9-10 months to mature.

:facepalm:

Just venting.. we've been looking for a drummer for a few weeks, and so far 3/4 auditionees have canceled the day of the audition with awesome bs stories.. today was another one.

• Members

I was tooling around BandMix yesterday looking at Louisville area musicians.

There must be over 1,500 WANNABE's that I've never ever heard of or seen play in a band clogging up that site.

Another site that used to be real popular for musicians classifieds has dropped their entire classified section, so that leaves CraigsList only.

Around here, if you don't know anybody to call, you're pretty much {censored}ed: you'll get an endless stream of clowns and jokers from these jive-ass "classifieds" or whatever they're calling them these days.

• Members

That's the problem here too, nothing but posers, clowns, jokers, etc.

The guy who did show up last week claimed he had touring experience, could learn 45+ songs in less than a week, etc..

Came to the audition and couldn't get through ONE song w/o {censored}ing up substantially. :facepalm:

We were really hoping to find someone fast to not interrupt the gigging.. oh well.

• Members

When we recently put out an ad for a female vocalist on Craigslist, we got a ton of inquiries but we limited auditions to only those who could provide an audio and/or video demo and pictures. It cut down greatly on the number of karaoke-wannbe singers showing up to audition.

• Members

You guys are making me so afraid to move away from Nashville.
:o

"Somebody told me, when I came to Nashville.

Son, you've finally got it made.

Old Hank made it here, and we're all sure that you will.

But I don't think Hank done it this way." -- Waylon Jennings

• Members

When we recently put out an ad for a female vocalist on Craigslist, we got a ton of inquiries but we limited auditions to only those who could provide an audio and/or video demo and pictures. It cut down greatly on the number of karaoke-wannbe singers showing up to audition.

the guy who cancelled on me today had 23 years exp, demos, tour exp.

Being a good player with a good demo doesn't make anyone less of an ass-clown

• Members

I utterly despise CL and up until Monday I have never had a single person I have contacted or that has contacted me actually materialize. When the drummer I was meeting up with on Monday showed up and EARLY, I almost dialed 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack.

• Members

My experience is exactly the opposite.

It's the wannabe band leaders who list what they want, then never answer your response email, or can't get it together to sustain interest to the point of actually getting together.

I've showed up to lots of auditions. There's always a red flag somewhere (takes me a minute, or sometimes a month to see it), but there are usually some positives about the music, the musicians . . . .

It's getting ALL the pieces of the puzzle to fit that seems so illusive.

I've got a mutual audition Sunday. All from CL. All Berkley/music degree guys! Wish me luck.

• Members

We've been stuck with using Craigslist, Backpage, and Myspace classifieds. We have had some talent come through on craigslist. Both bass players we've auditioned have been great. We only found 1 drummer out of them all who could play his ass off, but ended up dropping off of the face of the earth after a couple practices. Vocals are the most fun. We had over 25 responses from our vocalist ads. 12 of which actually have showed up for an audition or sent me recordings over our music. Out of those 12, we liked 2 of them. 1 of those two was already in a band in which his other band would be his 1st priority (WTF) and the other we're currently in talks with. The other 13 or so never followed up after numerous emails/phone calls/txt's.

Archived