New hit Canadian trio Happenstance with an original called Queen of 2nd Street

outk4st

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check out the comments before they're deleted.

This one from jwusslow is a gem:

I totally agree with kickthejunk. Totally awesome song. What a hook. Incredible band. Thanks for sharing. I downloaded the video so? I? can prove to my grandkids that I knew them....

Which was in response to:

Oh wow. GREAT song. I really like the music stands. I hope those belong to the band that is in the? video and not some previous band that was playing. Music stands are the cat's meow! Also the songs are very original and are full? of energy. If you keep writing songs like this in no time at all I bet you'll have like 100 songs that are ready for radio play! Keep up the great work!

• Members

I watched the videos and have a few comments:
1) The songs and performances are fine in a play at art shows/farmers markets kind of way-There's not a lot of potential for the big time(at least not that I saw).
2)You can't go wrong with a fiddle-people love them.
3)I can only assume you keep coming back here for the blazing commentary because you subscribe to the theory that any publicity is good publicity. Here's the truth: By and large, the only people who read and respond to posts on these forums are other musicians, most of whom(I'm guessing)have never advanced much past playing in bars and nightclubs. Do you believe your music will fit in these places? Also, as most musicians are egotistical jerks(i include myself), why do you value their opinions anyway?

• Members
:deadhorse:

Am I the only one who actually liked the music?
:idk:

Sorry, but I really did.

I didn't mind the music. I thought the fiddle and singing was fine. My issue is the attitude. This noob expected to come in here and school us. Just look at the name of the thread. That and the OPs multiple personalities was a major turnoff.

All would be well if he came in here with a "here is my new band's first gig - I wrote the songs - what do you think" thread all would be well. He would still get the "lose the mic stands" comments but we would understand what was going on. That is no hit Canadian trio. It is a ma & pa Sunday church social performer. Nothing wrong with that. The 20 radio ready hits was another in a long line of OP blunders.

Then he comes back a few days later and recants what he said earlier and the recants the recant. I am still a big fan of honesty. The OP doesn't know what that means.

Archived