Another low budget music video... and even more shameless self promotion!

soul-x

• Members

Actually, when it comes right down to it, the whole music video thing has always seemed a bit gratuitous to me. But I think it's again becoming a very important medium... and not for the reason it did in the 80's. It's more simple than that, just a practical infrastructure thing: youtube is maybe now the standard channel for quick reference of music. Just think of how most music is posted on HC forums.

Really good point. And nothing is more annoying than going to youtube to check out some new song and all they have up is a still graphic over the music. SHOULDN'T matter when I'm going there looking for audio, but once I"m there I EXPECT to see video and have much less patience for it. I need SOMETHING to look at, ya know?

BTW, if you're being candid about wanting the album, I'll hit you up with a PM about getting a real copy (and some other biz). You can stream it in full at this

PM me. I'd like a hard copy as well.

• Members

Guido-- PM sent.

As far as some of the stylistic critiques go: completely legit, but also subject to taste.

Also a lot of the (over) editing was done to accommodate a pretty limited selection of good shots since it was all done rather quickly with just one cam. There's a few more gaping holes (some big enough to drive a semi truck through) in the production/editing. Of course, I'm close enough to the whole thing to immediately know where they are. I'm actually stoked nobody has pointed them out.

• Members

Really good point. And nothing is more annoying than going to youtube to check out some new song and all they have up is a still graphic over the music. SHOULDN'T matter when I'm going there looking for audio, but once I"m there I EXPECT to see video and have much less patience for it. I need SOMETHING to look at, ya know?

So true.

• Members

We're pretty much accustomed to a constant bombardment of media stimulus.

I still giggle at the scene in Futurama, when Fry discovers he is having advertising implanted into his dreams...

Leela: Didn't you have ads in the 21st century?"

Fry: Well sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio, and in magazines, and movies, and at ball games... and on buses and milk cartons and t-shirts, and bananas and written on the sky. But not in dreams, no siree.

• Moderators

Very well done. I'd argue that what makes this so good (beside the fact that music's great) are the ideas. Creative. Simple. Fitting the vibe of the band. Clever highlighting of the right guy in the band at the right time to the audio. (Love the drinking sequence too).

Archived