Please critique my bands website

-MBro-

• Members

demo's dont work.. cant tell how you sound

All the demo links are just placeholders (href="#") as is the "Lorem Ipsum" text in the bios.

I think the site looks pretty good myself. I would only change 1 thing. Using javascript for primary navigation is a bad idea in my book. And in this case I can't see any reason for it. Well actually I might also change the navigation to use text instead of images.

reverbnation has some good widgets if you want to add an easy music player for your demos.

• Members

Site looks good: clean, easy to navigate. Pics look sharp, band looks pro and fun. If the audio and video demos match up to the rest of the site, you guys should do really well.

Don't know if you've played any gigs yet, but live pictures with good crowd shots are always a good sell. People want to get an idea of what your gigs will be like, so if you can show people having fun at one of your shows, that's always a HUGE plus.

• Members

IM not sure how she will put in the demos. A player like the one on myspace could be good.

Well I'm a web developer by trade but I went the quick & easy route for my band and used reverbnation widgets. They have quite a variety. At least as nice as MySpace. ;)

Check 'em out...

http://www.reverbnation.com/main/overview_artist?feature=widgets

• Members

like the site. Easy, simple, clear. Like that important first look info is above the fold. ok to go below, but not the first-glance info. like it.

lower right: Dean Gordon "Cheese" Pritchard? / Jeremy Piven?

Am i the only one on this?

• Members

Site looks good: clean, easy to navigate. Pics look sharp, band looks pro and fun. If the audio and video demos match up to the rest of the site, you guys should do really well.

Don't know if you've played any gigs yet, but live pictures with good crowd shots are always a good sell. People want to get an idea of what your gigs will be like, so if you can show people having fun at one of your shows, that's always a HUGE plus.

Everything he said ^^^

• Members

either pick english or french not both at the same time
:)
the bios 2 are in french and 3 in english. Might be a good idea to have the whole website in a french and english version for you canadians eh?

Well, they ARE from Montreal. Aren't most Quebecers fluent in both?

• Members

Well, they ARE from Montreal. Aren't most Quebecers fluent in both?

Well that's my point. Either pick one, or do two sites with one in english one in French.

In Quebec don't you have to have all signs posted in both English and French? Sign makers must be millionaires!

Archived