Dad bands

• Members

I see we are picking on kids, now. Since noone has the guts to confront the angry Mom-band hordes.

Well, the Mom-band hordes are usually the only ones on the dancefloor for the Dad-bands, right?

It's just a vicious cycle and part of a much larger scale conspiracy designed to thwart the music careers of real musicians

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I really thought that today might finally be the day that this thread didn't make it back to the top of the Thread list.

No....it's a matter of principle to keep it going. Here watch this....

As long as it dies before I do, I'll be happy.

No, I disagree......I don't think you will.

Watch.....;)

Sorry, David....I had to! :thu:;)

• Members

My Dad Band is nearing our first "real gig" (except it's a fundraiser, so we're not getting paid, and I'm on the organizing committee ;-). But real in the sense that we'll be playing (hopefully) in front of more than just our spouses and kids. I've accepted the Dad Band label as a badge of honor (as I did with "geek" many years ago)! I've enjoyed all the threads here on Backstage around related topics, and definitely smile ruefully whenever I spot stereotypes that we exemplify and perpetuate. Anyway, here's our gig: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212245885465153 and our band page http://www.facebook.com/pages/seven7h-son/284408353180?sk=wall. I've been a lurker here for a few years, and hope that I've learned a few things from the combined blood, sweat and tears of you guys out there doing it every night. I might even say that reading this board has at least in part motivated me to give this a try. Keep on rockin'!

• Members

My Dad Band is nearing our first "real gig" (except it's a fundraiser, so we're not getting paid, and I'm on the organizing committee ;-). But real in the sense that we'll be playing (hopefully) in front of more than just our spouses and kids. I've accepted the Dad Band label as a badge of honor (as I did with "geek" many years ago)! I've enjoyed all the threads here on Backstage around related topics, and definitely smile ruefully whenever I spot stereotypes that we exemplify and perpetuate. Anyway, here's our gig:
and our band page
. I've been a lurker here for a few years, and hope that I've learned a few things from the combined blood, sweat and tears of you guys out there doing it every night. I might even say that reading this board has at least in part motivated me to give this a try. Keep on rockin'!

Rock it out dude. There's nothing like hitting the stage and making people happy. Just remember you are the best musician in the room and lots of people wish they were you.

• Members
My Dad Band is nearing our first "real gig" (except it's a fundraiser, so we're not getting paid, and I'm on the organizing committee ;-). But real in the sense that we'll be playing (hopefully) in front of more than just our spouses and kids. I've accepted the Dad Band label as a badge of honor (as I did with "geek" many years ago)! I've enjoyed all the threads here on Backstage around related topics, and definitely smile ruefully whenever I spot stereotypes that we exemplify and perpetuate. Anyway, here's our gig:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212245885465153
and our band page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/seven7h-son/284408353180?sk=wall
. I've been a lurker here for a few years, and hope that I've learned a few things from the combined blood, sweat and tears of you guys out there doing it every night. I might even say that reading this board has at least in part motivated me to give this a try. Keep on rockin'!

:thu: awesome

Archived