Music Stands

Jcor

• Members

I know this has been talked about a lot, but I just got back from a Michael McDonald and Boz Skaggs conert tonight. They used music stands - setlist was on the stand but there looked to be more paper than that on the stand. BTW, it was a good show!

• Members

I just got offered a gig this Sunday afternoon. Super short notice, but the money is great. The band is being put together as we speak. There is no way I will be able to remember 3 hours worth of lyrics for a band that is being thrown together with 4 days notice. I will use a music stand, think of you guys, be somewhat ashamed while I am playing, but proud when I go to the bank on Monday.

I'll probably be wearing sunglasses.

• Members

I just got offered a gig this Sunday afternoon. Super short notice, but the money is great. The band is being put together as we speak. There is no way I will be able to remember 3 hours worth of lyrics for a band that is being thrown together with 4 days notice. I will use a music stand, think of you guys, be somewhat ashamed while I am playing, but proud when I go to the bank on Monday.

I'll probably be wearing sunglasses.

Why would anyone be ashamed of you? Logically, such short notice dictates that a stand be used.

• Members

Why would anyone be ashamed of you? Logically, such short notice dictates that a stand be used.

Yep. Again---if the best argument one can find for using stands is to reach for the extremes and use those situations as justification ("I saw a guy who sat in as a oboe player in a symphony use a stand and nobody cared! So obviously it's OK if I use it while playing rhythm guitar on the same six blues songs I've been doing since 1974!") then you've really got no argument at all.....

• Members

Yep. Again---if the best argument one can find for using stands is to reach for the extremes and use those situations as justification ("I saw a guy who sat in as a oboe player in a symphony use a stand and nobody cared! So obviously it's OK if I use it while playing rhythm guitar on the same six blues songs I've been doing since 1974!") then you've really got no argument at all.....

:D

• Members

Yeah, but trying to remember when to play G, C, AND D all in the same song is tuff!

Archived