Would It Be Wrong To Be Buried With An Instrument?

ggm1960

• Members

I bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio many years back from Mark Chatfield of Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas. At the time I was working as a Registered Nurse in a nursing home, and one of my LPN's had a son who was interested in playing guitar. She would bring in Musicians Friend catalogs all the time with the stuff her son had circled asking me about the stuff. He was maybe 13-14-15 years old at the time, I think. I had quite a collection of guitars at the time, several old Les Pauls, a couple of PRS's, nice Tele and my Tom Anderson Swamp Ash Classic. I brought several guitars to work with me one day as I knew he was gonna be there. You wouldnt have believed his face when I pulled that white Studio out of the case. Instant love. He talked about that guitar nonstop to his mom, so eventually I told her , look, instead of wasting your money on some {censored}ty Schecter Omen from MF, I sell you this Les Paul, its a great guitar, and he loves it" So I sold her that studio for, I think, 500 bucks. The kid went everywhere with this guitar, had it in his hands always. About a year later, he was involved in a real serious car accident and ended up on life support. His mom eventually pulled the plug as he was brain dead. That Les Paul was buried with him, where it remains today. His name was Michael Loberg, think he must have died in like 1996, 97 somewhere in there.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio many years back from Mark Chatfield of Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas. At the time I was working as a Registered Nurse in a nursing home, and one of my LPN's had a son who was interested in playing guitar. She would bring in Musicians Friend catalogs all the time with the stuff her son had circled asking me about the stuff. He was maybe 13-14-15 years old at the time, I think. I had quite a collection of guitars at the time, several old Les Pauls, a couple of PRS's, nice Tele and my Tom Anderson Swamp Ash Classic. I brought several guitars to work with me one day as I knew he was gonna be there. You wouldnt have believed his face when I pulled that white Studio out of the case. Instant love. He talked about that guitar nonstop to his mom, so eventually I told her , look, instead of wasting your money on some {censored}ty Schecter Omen from MF, I sell you this Les Paul, its a great guitar, and he loves it" So I sold her that studio for, I think, 500 bucks. The kid went everywhere with this guitar, had it in his hands always. About a year later, he was involved in a real serious car accident and ended up on life support. His mom eventually pulled the plug as he was brain dead. That Les Paul was buried with him, where it remains today. His name was Michael Loberg, think he must have died in like 1996, 97 somewhere in there.

You shouldn't have mentioned his name. Now someone will try to figure out where he's buried and.....

Archived