Getting a banner made. Advice?

stratotastic

• Members

We're getting a banner done to hang up at shows. Our logo is basically a square so we were thinking maybe a 6' x 6'. I just don't have a sense if that is too big or not. Any other tips/info is definitely welcomed. Thanks.

I dunno... how big are the rooms you play. I think 6x6 is fine. We have a few, 13x6, 13x3, 8x6. We use them for all differen't types of events.

• Members

Keep in mind 6x6 means you'll have to make sure to raise it high enough so the lower portion can be seen over the drummer/backline (Or figure out an alternate location to hang so the drums/drummer aren't blocking it).

I have a square design on a 5x5 for my side-project which I end up leaving behind as often as taking, because there's often a low clearance which prevents gtting the banner up high enough.

Frontman in my main project got an 8x3, which goes up all the time.

• Members

We went with just big enough to be noticable, easy to hang up and appropriate for the venues that we play.

BanneratSMB.jpg

Our drummer also has our logo on the kick drum - so we wanted something a little differenet for a banner.

drums.jpg

We get compliments on both the banner and the kick drum head. If we had it to do again - we would have made the banner just a tad wider (to match the width of the Bose bass bins). I think that it cost us $60.

• Members

rsr_1.jpg

7' x 20'. If you're going to do something, do it right.
;)

Little curious about the red-shirts on red-banner. I like the way it looks in that pic but I wonder... Do you find that it works in your favor visually? Or do the band members sometimes get washed out? Or does it not end up mattering much one way or the other?

• Members

Generally, we're front-lit so strongly that we'll stand out on anything. That's a fairly old picture (okay, a really old picture) compared to our current setup. If the lighting in the room sucks or we can't use our front lights for whatever reason, we generally hang the banner higher -- you can't see it in this picture, but the bottom half of the banner is black and features a crowd raising their fists in the air.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We went with just big enough to be noticable, easy to hang up and appropriate for the venues that we play.

BanneratSMB.jpg

Our drummer also has our logo on the kick drum - so we wanted something a little differenet for a banner.

drums.jpg

We get compliments on both the banner and the kick drum head. If we had it to do again - we would have made the banner just a tad wider (to match the width of the Bose bass bins). I think that it cost us $60.

Hi...I'm using the Bose ,also..how wide/long is your banner??..It looks great!..I wanna do one with some embedded LED Lights...also..gotta have the website on it..someone will snap a pic ..may as well have the website on the pic..makes it easier to hire/find you .

• Members

Hi...I'm using the Bose ,also..how wide/long is your banner??..It looks great!..I wanna do one with some embedded LED Lights...also..gotta have the website on it..someone will snap a pic ..may as well have the website on the pic..makes it easier to hire/find you .

Niles Ohio! I grew up in Hubbard (left in '84 - but come back semi-regularly). Down the street from the Hern Brothers - one street over from the drummer of Graphic Pink (Mark - also owns Hubbard Music) - a couple of miles from where Phil Keaggy grew up. Nice to see that Trumbull Cty is represented. Great musicians up that way.

Our Bose banner is 12" x 36". In hindsight - I wish that we made it a little wider. I would basically make the next one as wide as the B1s (14" - I think) when they are stacked up as in the photo and just long enough that it would still be above the height of 4 B1s stacked.

• Members

You think 24"x36 would work for a banner size??

I"ve been checking that esigns site...they will let you design your own,upload artwork,etc

That's really, really, really small.

In fact, that makes me think of the Spinal Tap "Stonehenge" moment. :D

• Members

Good one....."Our Banner goes up to Eleven....its one bigger."

Seriously, though, that's tiny. Your banner should be wide enough to be read from the back of the bar. I'd recommend something closer to 3'x6' or whatever the special is on eSigns.

• Members

Seriously, though, that's tiny. Your banner should be wide enough to be read from the back of the bar. I'd recommend something closer to 3'x6' or whatever the special is on eSigns.

Yepp...I'm still checkin'.Its for my solo gig.I was gonna hang it,like post #7. (That one is 12"x36")

Archived