New Online Band Mangement website available!

• Members

A good friend of mine on the local band scene has been a busy beaver. He's developed a cool band management online tool that tackles everything from calendar management to setlist organization. It's pretty cool (I like the design) but different strokes for different folks. Sign up, register, kick the tiles, take a whirl. I'd like to pass on some feedback (positive/negative) to him from anyone who wants to contribute.

http://www.bandwerkz.com/

• Members

I like it! This seems to have everything that we do through google/facebook/etc. all in one place.

Question for them: what happens if someone quits the band or gets kicked out? Do I have control over who can access what?

• Members

Looks fantastic, I will give it a whirl when I get some time to set everything up.

Is he aware of the legal issues that can arise from "hosting" copyrighted mp3's? Just a thought on the song section, great idea still.

I missed that. Where is that section?

• Members

Looks pretty awesome. There needs to be an easy way to get back to the "main" screen. Clicking on the logo does the trick, or even better would be to have all of the links (calendar, manage songs, etc) appear on every page.

+1 on getting the band to use it...

• Members

Couple of suggestions if you want to pass it along, Grant:

1) Ability for individual member to "confirm" for a given event, such as a practice or photo shoot, etc.

2) "Export" or RSS feature on the calendar so gigs can be added to Facebook events, Google Calendar, etc. If this site could have the functionality of a site like artistdata.com in addition to what it already offers, it would be an amazing tool. I know that's asking a lot.

And who's "Chuck"? That kinda freaked the bass player out LOL...

• Members

We will be using it. I signed up both my current bands. Sent out invites. Positive feedback from the members so far.

Droid app would be on our wish list - for at least the calendar.

Tell your friend thanks from E. TN.

• Members

...Question for them: what happens if someone quits the band or gets kicked out? Do I have control over who can access what?

Definitely. A "disassociation" function would be a necessity, from an administrative position.

After perusing the site, and setting up an account, I think it is a GREAT idea! A couple of suggestions (in addition to the one I posted earlier) One, on the "Venues" page, add a spot for Point (Person) of Contact. "Remembering" someone's name can be important.

And, (it may have been mentioned already); navigation is difficult. Need a site map, or some way to move from page to page.

Again, kudos to your friend on a free resource that can prove to be priceless for working bands/artists.

jamieb

+++++

Archived