chalk one up for the little guy.

modulusman

• Members

This is funny and wonderful....

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines.

United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a

flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages

caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final

exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was

left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing

their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: "Good luck with that

one, pal."

So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received

over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted

settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was:

"Good luck with that one, pal."

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for

the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in

orders.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5YGc4zOqozo

• Members

Hadn't seen that before. Back in 1978 or so, I attended a show where the singer did a song about his guitar and an airline. The refrain included the line "Thank you, Republic Airlines, for smashing my guitar."

I'm flying to DC in September with the bagpipe band to play at ceremonies honoring the WW II First Special Service Force - the "Devil's Brigade". I'm scared to death of sending our bass drum (in a case) via the airlines. Yikes. Mark C.

• Members

Hadn't seen that before. Back in 1978 or so, I attended a show where the singer did a song about his guitar and an airline. The refrain included the line "Thank you, Republic Airlines, for smashing my guitar."

I'm flying to DC in September with the bagpipe band to play at ceremonies honoring the WW II First Special Service Force - the "Devil's Brigade". I'm scared to death of sending our bass drum (in a case) via the airlines. Yikes. Mark C.

I think the singer there was Hoyt Axton. He was quoted about the song as containing one of the favorite couplets he ever wrote, something like this:

Nothing would make me happier than if,

You should go the way of Braniff.

And now Republic has joined Braniff in the great airline graveyard. Regarding Dave Carroll, there are at least two sequel song/videos, both hilarious. It seems losing his guitar has reaped several rewards! :)

Good luck with the drum...

• Members

The thought of having an ATA flight case for a 28" marching bass drum ... I don't think it would fit into the cargo bay of the "regional jets" that fly into Helena these days. I'm not even sure if I could even fit it in the back of the Prius, even with the seats down! :eek:

Mark C.

• Members

Yeah this guy is local here and it got a lot of media attention here and elsewhere but ya it is old...

Also, it is only the first in a 3-part series :)

Part 1

[video=youtube;5YGc4zOqozo]

(I see it is over 11M hits now.)

Part 2

[video=youtube;h-UoERHaSQg]

Part 3

[video=youtube;P45E0uGVyeg]

• Members

The thought of having an ATA flight case for a 28" marching bass drum ... I don't think it would fit into the cargo bay of the "regional jets" that fly into Helena these days. I'm not even sure if I could even fit it in the back of the Prius, even with the seats down!
:eek:
Mark C.

I wouldnt even think twice about renting one at the destination. A guitar and a big marching band drum are 2 different things.

:D

Archived