Beastie Boys Co-Founder Adam Yauch Dead at 47

• Members

This news hits so hard in so many personal ways. For one... 48 is too young. #2 as someone close in age in my own remission I'm instantly transported to my own mortality. #3- An incredible artist is lost and possibly the demise of an amazing group. These guys help to pioneer and transform rap music.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-

• Members

I met him six years ago. I sat at the premiere of "Awesome; I {censored}in' Shot That!". My wife was a HUGE fan... me, an admirer. All of them were just the coolest guys. Greying, looking like dads and then watching meant on tour storming the stage like they were 23 again. I'm never upset when someone succumbs to addiction or dies tragically from self-destructive behavior, but Yaunch, like so many, didn't ask for cancer. And he deserved more than this.

I was just a broken when Ronnie J. Dio died two years ago. :(

• Members

Lost my wife to cancer at age 34; our son was 3. He's 14 now, great kid, I'm remarried, life moves on with or without you. But it's painful as hell for everyone, and every {censored}ing time it takes another it hurts again. I get teary-eyed thinking about how many lives around Adam are impacted so sadly by this. I don't play out any more, but for those of you that do Beastie's in your sets, tear'em up. Me, I'll wear my {censored} CANCER tee shirt tomorrow. RIP MCA.

• Members

No Sleep Till Brooklyn is my favorite Beastie Boys song. I liked Sabotage a lot too. I performed "Fight For Your Right To Party" on New Year's Day 2011 as an off-the-cuff kind of thing. Fun song!

In tribute to Adam Yauch's passing, I bought License To Ill on CD (had it on cassette for years along with Check Your Head). Listened to it. Rocked out.

RIP MCA.

• Members

Lost my wife to cancer at age 34; our son was 3. He's 14 now, great kid, I'm remarried, life moves on with or without you. But it's painful as hell for everyone, and every {censored}ing time it takes another it hurts again. I get teary-eyed thinking about how many lives around Adam are impacted so sadly by this. I don't play out any more, but for those of you that do Beastie's in your sets, tear'em up. Me, I'll wear my {censored} CANCER tee shirt tomorrow. RIP MCA.

Sorry to hear that man. Rock the hell out of that shirt tomorrow.

• Members

We do "Fight for Your Right". I am a huge Beasties fan, so I talked about MCA's passing before the song, and mentioned about how influential they were to me. I didn't think anyone else really cared, but there was applause and cheers from a group of younger fans. Knowing that the Beasties are still respected by the youngsters made me smile. Then we "kicked it!" :thu:

Archived