K, I'll join in the live video fest...

Lee Flier

• Members

We did a gig a couple of weeks ago that was really a hoot. It was a festival called "Tunes from the Tombs" and it's held at a historic cemetery, of all places. They aren't allowed to build a real stage on the site, so we performed on a natural raised area, and the PA was completely solar powered. Really a cool thing!

Anyhow... we got to do double duty at this thing. First, we played our own set. Sample here...

[video=youtube;RPgyxiOc5-M]

Then, we did another set backing my pal Peter Case. Do yourself a favor and google him if you don't know who Peter is, but he's one of my all time favorite songwriters and performers, and it's always a blast to play with him. Here we are doing a couple of songs by his old band, the Plimsouls.

[video=youtube;4vzxsVeyuyM]

• Members

For some reason you guys remind me a LOT of the Bears/Raisins. Same kind of wild abandon on the guitar that Rob Fetters has.

Great band Lee. I can tell you all have been playing together a while. Mix was awesome too. And what's not to like about getting kids to pogo stick! :thu:

• Members

The festival actually provided really good backline! I was playing through a Budda Verbmaster and Peter a Budda Superdrive 30. I normally play through either an AC15 or a blackface Pro Reverb so that was all right in my wheelhouse!

• Members

The festival actually provided really good backline! I was playing through a Budda Verbmaster and Peter a Budda Superdrive 30. I normally play through either an AC15 or a blackface Pro Reverb so that was all right in my wheelhouse!

Wow. Budda on the backline?! sweet!

Usually, it's a Fender Hot Rod or a Peavey Classic! hehe!

Sounded fantastic. That's about as much grind as I SHOULD have had on the tune I posted video of!

:D

• Members

Yeah it really was a sweet backline. We'd have brought our own amps if the backline woulda sucked, but these folks really had it together. The sound crew did an awesome job too - well, they were from Tree Sound, one of the biggest recording and sound outfits in Atlanta (maybe THE biggest anymore actually).

• Members

Thanks Lee - we really do feel it's a match made in heaven. :) We all come from the same "musical family" which includes every style that Peter's done in his career - proto-punk, power pop, roots rock, folk, traditional blues, whatever. He (and does) can throw anything he wants at us and it'll probably work. It doesn't hurt that I've known him for over 30 years and have been a huge fan of everything he's ever done, so I pretty much know all his material anyway. :lol:

Now if we can just figure out a way to play together more often! Need teleporters!

• Members

Great band Lee. I can tell you all have been playing together a while.

The 27th of this month will be 11 years. :eek: Hard to believe.

In fact I just looked at my first post in the "Introduce Your Band" thread from when I first started this forum. "My band's been together 4 years"... ha! Maybe I need to update that. :D

• Members

Why is the bass players bass over so far to his side? does he have it strapped up both on the same side? reminds me of when my bass player drilled a hole in the back of his bass, put both his strap ends there so he could spin his guitar a la zz top

• Members

I think he does that because he's a short guy and it brings the bottom of the neck to a more comfortable reaching distance. Sorta like how Bill Wyman (also a short guy) would always hold his bass vertically so he could get around the whole neck easier.

But I'm sure that if I asked him, he'd say "I dunno. I never thought about it, I've always done that." :lol:

Archived