Feeling Stymied

• Members

My fiance has decided that for my 50th birthday in November that I'm going to get a JTV-59. (For those who don't know, that's a Line 6 James Tyler Variax modeling guitar.)

I've been writing a lot lately but suddenly, now that I know that I'm getting this guitar, I find that I'm feeling stymied by the fact that what I write will probably have to be tweaked anyway. And knowing what I can do with this guitar I find myself not wanting to write other things I would normally work on simply because I know I'll have so many other musical/sonic options. It's going to be a long 4 months.

• Members

Embrace the technology. Keep writing as you always have and make the tweaks once you get to play with the new ax a little. This is not a time for narrowing your writing, it is a time to spread your wings and have some fun.

• Members

Embrace the technology. Keep writing as you always have and make the tweaks once you get to play with the new ax a little. This is not a time for narrowing your writing, it is a time to spread your wings and have some fun.

but the machines are gonna take over and turn us into sims. :evil:

Just kidding :lol: I love the advancement that technogoly has made in the home recording market.

only niegitve thing I have against some of the new techngogly is auto pitch correction IMO has been abused bad. :facepalm: last conccert I went to, was Foo Fighter's. I ask for a refund because the singing freaking sucked bad it was freaking horrible. :facepalm:

I dunno if Dave had a bad night or the auto pitch pedal was broke but he sucks singing live. :mad:

Archived