Shoutout to a great band

• Members

I just commented in another thread that 9 out of 10 bands I see play live I think suck. A bit of an exaggeration maybe, but just a bit. So I like to draw attention to the really good bands I see when I see 'em.

After finishing up a gig the other night, the band and most of the party guests all headed down to the local pub and I saw this semi-local band for the first time. Bourgeois Gypsies. Great mix of styles and cultures, covers and originals and they put it all together in a nice tight package on stage. Some interesting mashups and medleys, no time between songs, etc. etc.

Even more kudos from me because they come from the true backwoods of the Sierra Nevadas. Coming to my small town is probably the big city to these guys. I was even more impressed when I looked them up online and saw they really have their {censored} together promotion-wise as well. Shame on me for not knowing they existed sooner, but sometimes when you get so busy with your own band, it's easy to get in a bubble.

http://www.bgypsies.com/

[video=youtube;B_ozUOKkvzA]

• Moderators

I love it when local artists are great. I went to school with Peter and his bro Tripp Sprague (awesome sax player whose done sessions for me) but here's local dude Peter Sprague on guitar. Encinitas boy. It's awe inspiring to walk into the hippie vegetarian joint down the street and hear this...

[video=youtube;7JggWYf62F8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JggWYf62F8

• Members

Great band. I'll be checking out their two CDs...

Some actual live stuff without editing (lots of background noise):

[video=youtube;SkgCdlAA2rk]

and (pretty clean video)

[video=youtube;8MsKTrj4dck]

Hard to tell how good they really are when the video editing is as tight or tighter than the band.

Archived