Talk to me about lighting

BATCAT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It would be nice, but honestly, sinking more than the several hundred into this that I am isn't an option. Aside from this stuff, I'm paying the recording and mixing of an album- it's all right out of my pocket and personal budget. You know how that goes. So I can either go with what I can afford now to try to improve our upcoming shows, or hope down the line I'll have more extra cash to spend on this stuff. Considering how low the bar is set with regard to original bands at the club level (generally, doing nothing at all) I think a cheap fog machine, two par cans, and a couple of led mini spots (or something- I haven't bought those yet) is, frankly, going above and beyond.

this company doesn't have a great rep but these are pretty nice cans for the price. I have a couple. http://www.stageape.com/pages/gaby.html They call them spots for some reason but they have a nice coverage pattern.

• Moderators

It's a done deal for me anyhow- as I posted I ultimately went with two par 56es and a mini colorstrip. That exhausts my budget for a while. Now it's a matter of:

1)if I can "tame" the colorstrip sound activation (though I'm not sure I even want to use it at all)

2)how I'm going to arrange everything

Archived