What's your opening song(s) and why?

Vito Corleone

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Unalaska

View Post

For the R&B band it's soul man, thank you (sam&dave), brickhouse (skin tight/fire). Hit it hard with something everyone will like.

back in the day with my horn band we always opened up with mercy mercy mercy by the buckinghams.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My band opens with a hard-driving top 40 country song that shows off our chick singer (our best attribute). As of late that is Miranda Lambert's "Fastest Girl In Town". Crowd is usually pretty sparse at the beginning of our 5-set night, so the opening song isn't really that important.

My previous group always opened with Delbert McClinton's "Givin' It Up For Your Love", the front man being a Delbert freak and all (but he OWNED that {censored}).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by rog951

View Post

"Open Up Your Eyes" by Tonic. I think we gravitated to it as an opener mainly because it's kinda easy, and we do it well every time. Doesn't hurt that it's got a chewy wah guitar solo that wakes me up every time. We're primarily a '90s band and we do a few drop-D songs grouped together. Hash Pipe and/or Everlong would come next. So the Tonic tune is a good low-stress opener.

luv Tonic's 2 big hits!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin

View Post

*grin* just going from experience playing both of those tunes live smile.gif I guess it would be beneficial to know which priest tune it is? Let me guess Another thing comin? Great tune, one way to sneak that tune in is start out doing mony mony and then roll it up to the speed of another thing comin' and go. Living after midnight a blast too smile.gif

Haha, that's exactly what we do! Did that many years ago, the transition from "Mony Mony" (Billy Idol version) to "You've Got Another Thing Coming" and just brought it back out of the blue a few weeks ago. It works pretty well. The other Priest songs we do are "Living After Midnight" and "Breaking The Law." LAM works well too, BTL not as much. That's more of a song for us.

• Members

We don't have a song to open the show really because we use a few intros to opening things up with. The first song or medley changes constantly. In the last month we've opened with: Beyonce-Crazy In Love, Pour Some Sugar On Me, Bleed it Out-Linkin Park, Talk Dirty To Me, Everybody Talks. It depends on the vibe of the room or the crowd we are playing to. Whatever we open with we always follow it with a current Top 40.... then we'll mix new old and in between all night.

Archived