More baby steps...

mstreck

• Members

It's been a good summer.

One great thing about having a standing summer-weekend gig in a town like Ocean City, MD, is that you get exposed to a lot of people. Our online fan base has been slowly growing and expanding thanks to meeting people from other states, other countries, and even other continents! We've had people tell us repeatedly that they come back to OC just to see us. Some even plan their vacation for a weekend that they know we'll be playing. We've had extended families take day trips just to party with us. Wow... really?

Last week was a milestone for us - we surpassed the 1500 fan mark on facebook. That's not a major feat in its own right, and I know many of you have a lot more, but we feel pretty good about it. I keep thinking about how none of us (other than our drummer) were ever in any band worth mentioning. We're not what I would call a great band. Hell, I still can't play guitar or keys past the minimum required. But yet, we're in there - we have a good schedule - and we have real fans - and we have venues (both old and new) that want to keep us around - and we have good people in and around the band. Life is good - very good, in fact. And things just seem to be getting better. It's kinda surreal when I step back and look at it.

Sorry for the ramble and sorry if I've posted something like this before. In reality, this is somewhat out of character for me - I'm the guy who overthinks things and always wants everything to be perfect - to the point of getting really stressed out before/during shows. Even during the week,  I don't usually allow myself to step back and "admire our work", but we have this weekend off (our first since springtime) and today I'm taking the opportunity to smell the roses. :)

As you were... :smiley-cool11:

• Members

Since we don't really have much of a public persona or following, our FB page is largely an afterthought.   Probably SHOULD pay more real attention to it since people interested in hiring the band probably end up there sometimes.

Since Sarah's joined the band she's kind of taken it over and it's become more of a dumping ground for her selfees than anything else....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JumpStart/116360345043377

Archived