From Santa to you

richardmac

• Members

Yeah, me neither. 17 views and not one response. Which means one of the following is true:

A) People don't know yet what they want for Christmas cause it's too damn early

B) People know what they want but don't feel like sharing

I don't know what I want Santa to bring me - that's why I posted this thread, because I thought someone would say something brilliant and I'd say "I didn't think of that! That's a great idea. I want that, too." But no takers. My brilliant plan, ruined, I tell you... RUINED! Great. Just great. I hate it here! My life is RUINED!

Oh well. Right now, my best idea is a matching pair of humbuckers for my Epi Les Paul. Another idea would be a good set of Strat pickups for my number two Strat. That'd be good. Or, maybe a powered two way 12 inch speaker that I could use for a monitor for big gigs, and as a backup PA for smaller gigs. OR, an inexpensive nylon string guitar... I haven't owned one since I studied Classical Guitar in college, forever ago. That might be the winning idea.

• Members

Sorry Richard, but no help here. My wife is hesitant to buy gear for me. The flip side to that is that she never complains when I buy it for myself! She did, however, surprise me a few years ago. When I turned 50, she bought me my Epi Joe Pass. The JP has since become my #1 for electric gigs.

On second thought, maybe I can be of some help. Weren't you thinking about a harmonizer? Maybe you can ask Santa for an H-1.........

• Members

Huh. I forgot about the harmonizer. Might have to look into it! Thanks!

BlueStrat - I've played through an AC-15 and a Hot Rod Deluxe and I liked the Hot Rod way better. Why did you want an AC-15? It is a great sounding amp, but to my ears not better than the Hot Rod...

• Members

Huh. I forgot about the harmonizer. Might have to look into it! Thanks!

BlueStrat - I've played through an AC-15 and a Hot Rod Deluxe and I liked the Hot Rod way better. Why did you want an AC-15? It is a great sounding amp, but to my ears not better than the Hot Rod...

I woulld use them both on big stage gigs with an A-B box. They just have different sounds.

Archived