From Santa to you

richardmac

• Members

I've been playing Santa to myself ... and getting my Christmas shopping done early. Decided to upgrade my keyboard rack and amplification. Started with two new Yamaha DSR112 powered speakers (those arrived at the beginning of November). The discovery of a line mixer with sufficient input capacity and output routing to fit my needs (a Samson SM10) - made it possible to replace the Yamaha MG12/4FX mixer I have been using. The new line mixer also means that I am now able to shrink the footprint of my keyboard rack from a slant rack (10u Slant / 6u Veritical) - to simply a 6u vertical case. This reconfiguration shrinks the size of the rack by roughly half - and knocks about 35 lbs out of the carry. Combined, I've eliminated a piece from my amplification (the amp that I was using), halved the size of my keyboard rig rack - and cut roughly 100 lbs out of my schlepp - while making a pretty significant improvement to the sound quality. I'm just waiting for my new rack case to arrive so that I can assemble the final product.

• Members

Dammit, Dingoist! NOW I want a Super Champ! Great! Just GREAT!

I don't mean to pour gasoline on the fire, but the SCXD is a great little amp. I've had mine for about a yeat now, and gig it regularly. It's the only modern amp I've tried that sounds (almost) as good as my '72 Vibrolux. I can't think of any other $300 amp that comes close. A lot of people tout the Mustang amps, but I really didn't care for them all that much.

I've been through a tons of amps, but I've pared down to only two right now - the Super Champ and the Vibrolux.

• Moderators

a matching pair of humbuckers for my Epi Les Paul. .

PM or e-mail me, Rich...I have a pair of Gold Epi 'Classic 57'-style HBs sitting around...I will make you a good deal on the pair... :wave:

I guess what I would like for xmas, gear wise (I have plenty of socks, neckties...and little use for longjohns here in LA... ;) ) would be a 3/4 upright bass, a vocal processor/harmonizer, a Fishman Loudbox mini...failing that, a new Maserati...;)

• Moderators

I don't mean to pour gasoline on the fire, but the SCXD is a
great
little amp. I've had mine for about a yeat now, and gig it regularly. It's the only modern amp I've tried that sounds (almost) as good as my '72 Vibrolux. I can't think of any other $300 amp that comes close. A lot of people tout the Mustang amps, but I really didn't care for them all that much.

I've been through a tons of amps, but I've pared down to only two right now - the Super Champ and the Vibrolux.

Ah, another Vibrolux owner...there are so few of us left :thu:

I have a BF '65, which is 'semi-retired' (big stage gigs where it will be mic'ed only)...what I used up until I got the the SCXD were Blues Juniors (I have 2, both blond [like my SCXD], one USA made, one Mexican), another much maligned and misunderstood budget-level Fender tube amp (when they were introduced) for the working musician who knew they didn't need 100W amp for 'clean headroom' ;)

The Mustangs are solid state budget priced amps, I doubt they will make the stir Fender is hoping for...they strike me as a 'grown-up G-DEC'...:rolleyes:

Archived