Heading out to a "first", in a few minutes...

• Members

Went very well...the shop is in the "snazzy" part of the Southside, so it attracted well-heeled customers who tipped well, so in addition to the $150 fee, I made another $67 and sold 5 CDs.

Interesting crowd, too...with interesting requests...one lady asked if I could do any Donna Summer :eek:, so after giving it a few seconds of thought I realized that the only Donna Summer tune I culd pull off is MacArthur's Park, but that went over so well that I had to do it 3 more times before the gig was over! Guess I should see if any of her other songs might be adaptable to being played by a mid-50s folky dude... :lol:

Lot of folks grabbed my business cards, too, and as I was leaving, one couple caught up with me at my truck and hired me for a garden party they were throwing that evening, so, while that made for a longer day, it also made for a more profitable one. :cool:

And today, I'll rest. :p

• Members

, but that went over so well that I had to do it 3 more times before the gig was over! Guess I should see if any of her other songs might be adaptable to being played by a mid-50s folky dude...
:lol:

Lot of folks grabbed my business cards, too, and as I was leaving, one couple caught up with me at my truck and hired me for a garden party they were throwing that evening, so, while that made for a longer day, it also made for a more profitable one.
:cool:

And today, I'll rest.
:p

I'm looking at a slower, more folky forlorn version of "She Works Hard For The Money." I did the same thing with Whitney's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", slowed it way down and made it into a ballad, and it kills.

• Moderators
, but that went over so well that I had to do it 3 more times before the gig was over! Guess I should see if any of her other songs might be adaptable to being played by a mid-50s folky dude...
:lol:

...sadly I think the request was because Donna passed away Thursday. I would guess you might try 'Hot Stuff'...but forget 'Love to Love You Baby'...you could also try 'Last Dance'...:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmmm...a slower, more BLUESY version of "She Works Hard For The Money".
:idea:

Kinda leaning towards one of her ballads, "The Power Of One"

http://www.freewebs.com/vermillioncity/1.The%20Power%20Of%20One.mp3

...although a bluegrassy version of "Hot Stuff" might be a hoot.
:p

I do an acoustic version of "Hot Stuff". Not bluegrassy, but kind of cool in a stark, minimalist way.

Archived