Bose L1 compact at $899

badhorsie777

• Members

Bose has run a 10% off sale a couple of times in the last couple of years. If you want a new bose system, that's the time to buy.

Yep, I bought mine at $899 for Christmas a couple years ago from MF. It's the only time any retailer will be allowed to discount the Bose, usually once in the summer and once over the winter holiday.

• Members

Any good? Any power? No effects right?

I dont have the compact but I have an old L1. No effects, plenty of power regardless of what most will say. I probably change the number every time I say it but i have at least 1000 gigs on mine and have never run into a problem with volume. They're just really expensive. FWIW I run everything through a little Mackie and then send it to the BOSE.

I would definitely get a Compact before the Fishman thing thats out there.

• Members

Any good? Any power? No effects right?

I played outdoors on 7 acres with about 125 people, a BBQ and tons of huge plants/trees, etc. All I have heard is, 'we could hear you really well, but you were not loud. I had it set at about 5.5.

Watch the videos on the sweetwater site re: db falloff, etc. These things are almost magical.

• Members

Does the "tone match" effect the volume? Do you get better volume with the tone match turned off?

The Tone Match is basically a compact mixer on steroids. Although I'd love to have one and they sound great, I simply cant see spending $500 on basically what amounts to a proprietary mixer.

• Members

The Tone Match is basically a compact mixer on steroids. Although I'd love to have one and they sound great, I simply cant see spending $500 on basically what amounts to a proprietary mixer.

I believe there is a "Tone Match" feature built into the Compact L1, I was wondering if it took any power away.

Archived