Bit of a long shot but I thought I would ask

steve mac

• Members

I am in the research stage of buying a new guitar and was wondering if anyone here had experience of using a PRS with a piezzo ie a P22 or a hollowbody, instead of using an acoustic and an electric. I am all for simplifying and if I can just take one guitar on the stage with me and yet still at the flick of a switch get the sounds of both or even blended, then it sounds just the ticket.

cheers Steve

• Members

I'd have to say I don't like the acoustic tones at all on the Parkwood. I think the James Tyler Variax is much more accurate as far as reproducing acoustic tones.

[video=youtube;qFhMrkHqM6Y]

• Members

I have 4 guitars right now that are hybrids. 3 have fishman setups and ona has a graphtech FAAS. I put in 2 way switches (either one or the other), because I don't use the combined sound that's in the middle. I would reccommend the Fishman Powerbridge and Powerchip preamp.

Be sure to run the piezo signal straight into the board (no speaker sim) for the clearest sound.

• Members

I use a Parker DF with a piezo (Fishman) under the bridge. I find the sound very acoustic-like but thin so I blend it with the magnetic pickups to add some bottom.

I also have an acoustic model on my Digitech RP355 pedal that sounds great but is a little lacking on the 'jangle' so if I use the piezo (which has an abundance of jangle) with the acoustic sim - it sounds very acoustic.

I don't see why this wouldn't apply to other electrics with piezo pups under the bridge.

Insights and incites by Notes ?

• Members
I have 4 guitars right now that are hybrids. 3 have fishman setups and ona has a graphtech FAAS. I put in 2 way switches (either one or the other), because I don't use the combined sound that's in the middle. I would reccommend the Fishman Powerbridge and Powerchip preamp.

Be sure to run the piezo signal straight into the board (no speaker sim) for the clearest sound.

yeah, on all my hybrids, I split the signal and run the acoustic pickup directly to the board and the electric pickups to my onstage rig. I usually have both going do a certain degree all of the time.

Archived