Anyone using a looper in their live act?

gearo999

• Members

I do. I use the old Boss RC-20XL. My acoustic board is actually that looper, a Line 6 M9 and an expression pedal for the M9. I find it pretty easy to use, and you can put both an instrument and vocals in it.

Here's a crappy video someone posted a while back of me doing Free Falling by Tom Petty utilizing the looper. Not the best quality but you get the idea.

[YOUTUBE]gq44be1grSg[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I use a Boss RC20... I wont do the entire build a song stuff though. It's way too boring for me and I would presume the audience. If I'm going to loop something it's usually just so I can solo over it later in the song.

• Members

I'm planning on trying out the loopy HD app on my ipad with my keytar at my next open mic, just to see how it works out 'live' vs at home when things are more under control.

Should be good for a laugh (and a crash and burn) if nothing else!

• Members

Boomerang3 here.

Easiest to "play" into it.

Has some diff Boss models (RC50, 20, 2) still got the 2 for a small one.

the RC 50 was good if you wanted to have "canned" loops ready to go, but I wanted to play it all live.

• Members

i just recently got as digitech jamman stereo to do this very thing... still working with it but it seems pretty straight forward... i chose the model i did because it has both 1/4 inch inputs as well as xlr inputs... i can mic my percussion, etc...

• Members

i chose the model i did because it has both 1/4 inch inputs as well as xlr inputs... i can mic my percussion, etc...

Thats awesome...I dont understand why Boss put a 1/4 " input for a mic unless I'm missing something.

• Members

Thats awesome...I dont understand why Boss put a 1/4 " input for a mic unless I'm missing something.

The smaller ones did it to save space I think. The RC50 and the new larger one have an XLR .

I used to do a live looping show with the RC50 switching between guitar, bass, drums and vocals. It was too much work. Now I'm in a duo that doesn't use backing tracks and I mainly use the looper for learning songs and making videos.

• Members

The smaller ones did it to save space I think. The RC50 and the new larger one have an XLR .

OIC... I have an RC20 and it bums me out a little. I think once in awhile I'd like to goof with looping a vocal or a beat box type of thing.

Archived