What Did You Get for Christmas?

Potts

• Members

I got some strings and a Pageflip Cicada. Not a fan of auto scroll. Problem is the thing is so lightweight, I can barely feel the pedals under my feet. Might return it for a proper airturn, as much as that would pain me to spend that kind of money on something so single-purpose.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Potts

View Post

Wow congrats Moogerfooger!

thumb.gif thanks pots. this all came about since i played that steinway a few weeks back. My wife was there and saw how much i enjoyed playing a real piano. I had people gathered around it singing along and having a good time, so this is at her suggestion. She is planing to convert the living room into a performance area. I looked at lots of instruments, and while I could have got more piano for less if i bought used or off brand, I wanted a new one for once in my life.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SLScott86

View Post

I got some strings and a Pageflip Cicada. Not a fan of auto scroll. Problem is the thing is so lightweight, I can barely feel the pedals under my feet. Might return it for a proper airturn, as much as that would pain me to spend that kind of money on something so single-purpose.

that's cool! I never heard of those thingies

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jcpatte2

View Post

I got a G7th Capo and a PRS SE Custom 24 in Gray/Black to use it on. Waiting on UPS to deliver the guitar today. Hurry up Brown Truck!

Love that capo, it's just a brilliant design I find myself fiddling with it absentmindedly like worry beads

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by Potts View Post
I got a Snark and quite frankly I love it! I know I've heard some grumblings about them not being accurate but I haven't found any issues.

What gear did you get?
Oddly enough, I got 10 Snarks...so I can keep one with each of my gigging guitars, and relegate my aging collection of box and pedal tuners(2 Sabines, Fender and Korg) to home use. I have had one Snark for over a year, and find it to be as accurate as the built in tuners in my A/E guitars, and great with the electrics since I can silent tune (I don't like pedals in general) right at the mic stand. Although it will comfortably fit in my pocket or stand bag, having one dedicated to each guitar(and in each case) is very helpful...thanx Momma Mack!

Apparently she found them on Amazon under $10 each!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by daddymack View Post
Oddly enough, I got 10 Snarks...so I can keep one with each of my gigging guitars, and relegate my aging collection of box and pedal tuners(2 Sabines, Fender and Korg) to home use. I have had one Snark for over a year, and find it to be as accurate as the built in tuners in my A/E guitars, and great with the electrics since I can silent tune (I don't like pedals in general) right at the mic stand. Although it will comfortably fit in my pocket or stand bag, having one dedicated to each guitar(and in each case) is very helpful...thanx Momma Mack!

Apparently she found them on Amazon under $10 each!

That's one thing I like about the Planet Waves mini headstock tuners. They are so small that you can actually leave them on the guitar in the case. I have one for each guitar.

For accuracy of tuning, I actually prefer the Korg AW-2G, but it's not particularly well put together. It is two pieces, and they don't like to stay together. The tuner is always falling off the clip. Still, it's my preferred tuner for gigs. I emailed Korg and they offered to replace it - if I could provide a receipt. Naturally, that's the ONE receipt that I can't locate!

Archived