Duo names

msmooth

• Members

Was wondering how many duos come up with a name like "Table 4 Two" or how many just use their names?

My duo is just getting off the ground and i want to make up cards but not sure how to go. I feel that if we come up with a name, it should sound like a duo and not a full band. Any thoughts?

• Members

Personally, I remember creative band names easier than two actual people names. For example: Smith and Jones, Craig and Julio, Grumpy and Sin Princess. Guess which of those three I am going to remember more? That's right...GaSP!

• Members

It's really easy to overthink the name. If it's catchy it'll be fine. It's better when there's some kind of story behind it, so when somebody asks, you can have an interesting answer. But at the root of it, people you know will come first, and after that you'll build your reputation on your performance. The "planning a night based on two unknown band names" factor will be minimal to non-existent. You just want the people who see you to be able to remember your name. Beyond that is minor.

Archived