Please checkout my music!! Im also looking for advice...

lpstudio86

• Members

First of all, heres my music page, please comment on your thoughts!!

www.reverbnation.com/bensairinmusic

about me:

Im a solo guy, i have been for about probably 3 or 4 years now. This means that ive been gigging with my Ipod backing tracks going to the PA and from what people say about my music, its definitely great as far as my talent and what ive been doing.  Some people say i should look for a band, and thats what ive been searching for many years as well going through countless auditions and try outs. Ive also been in bands with singers and opened for Foreigner, UFO, and Chris Cornell, as well as trying out with many other bands and networking as much as possible for jam sessions. But i dont know why, but theres just no strong connections with anyone nowadays. 

So, im thinking instead of looking for a band, with my Original music i have now, what can i do to promote my songs?? Ive also been joining guitar Competitions on youtube to try and get my views up but not much luck so far. Is it possible to earn somewhat of income from selling my songs?? 

• Members

I didn't listen to the reverbnation, but I looked at your facebook page and a video.  I can offer one piece of advice.  You make it look too easy.  I heard some really tasteful slow playing and some really fast runs, but your body position didn't change at all. 

It takes a lot of practice time to play the way that you do.  but you look like a guy who plays in his bedroom all the time.  I am not saying that you have to fake it and put on phony theatrics.  But there is a component of emotional release in music, particularly instrumental music.

I don't know if instrumental music like that is viable.  I know there are alot of people in the electric guitar forum that link to videos with similar playing.  I just don't know if the notes/sounds stand on their own without some sort of effort put in to the physical performance of it.

That is the only thing I can say about it.  And saying "I know I am great" isn't really taken that well anywhere.  I know because I have said it myself (and believe it) and no one wants to hear it.  Everyone here thinks they're great too.But it doesn't bring out a sense of empathy lol.  I hate false modesty more than cockiness myself.  So, I just don't even bring it up. 

Here is the video I was talking about

• Members

I would think you need at least a bass player and drummer to make this a going concern. But it would be even better if there were another guitarist or keyboardist involved. 

You may get a small fan base with this kind of music, but it's a gamble that will continue for years or decades. Try writing some compositions with more melody. If people can hum the melody there's a much better chance the songs will go somewhere. Lyrics and vocals will increase your chances even more.

• Moderators

when you think about it, few of the 'instrumental only' guitarists we all think of as 'gods' are actually well known outside of musicians' circles....mainly because mainstream media rarely finds them commercially viable. But there is certainly money to be made doing logo music, commercial backgrounds, jingles, etc.

Archived