MIDI Controllers

• Members

What's your favorite? CAE, Rocktron, Ground Control, other?

I previously used a Mesa Abacus, but wanted to make use of CC messages, so sold that (to JackLuminus) and bought a Midi Mate. I would eventually like to ugprade to an All Access LTD...

So list your favorites, pros, cons, complaints...

updated to include Axess FX1

• Members

+1 Ground Control Pro. There is a difference between Ground Control and the Pro.

Oh yeah, I know there's a difference. I just lumped them together for the poll.

As mentioned, Rocktron MIDI Mate here, but previously I used an Abacus.

I dig the MIDI Mate with exception of the rubber buttons. My girlfriend's pet rats have chewed on a few of them, so they're shorter than standard... :rolleyes:

• Members

What's your favorite? CAE, Rocktron, Ground Control, other?

I previously used a Mesa Abacus, but wanted to make use of CC messages, so sold that (to JackLuminus) and bought a Midi Mate. I would eventually like to ugprade to an All Access LTD...

So list your favorites, pros, cons, complaints...

The Axess FX-1 is not listed in the poll, but is the most fully featured MIDI foot controller available.

• Members

I could use some advice...

I currently have a pedal based setup but will soon be switching to a rack-based setup. I have 8 or 9 stomp boxes at the moment, and figure I should start my rack with my switcher. What would you recommend? I'd like something that can handle stereo, if possible, and obviously the more channels the better.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

If you want stereo the Sound Sculpture Switchblade would do all that. In order to get stereo you'd have to buy a pair of anything else.

Not really, the CAE Custom Switcher I have is stereo as well, and it was less expensive than the GL, with more loops. The GL does have some options which are very cool, that the CAE doesn't have though

• Members

I use the behringer FCB1010 It has been modded with a new chip so there is a stompbox mode. I don't have the link but the new chip was less than $20.00. It was pretty easy to do. Even without the new chip these are pretty cheap and loaded with features. I have not had any reliability problems and seems pretty well built. I ordered a custom padded bag to take it to gigs though. It's pretty easy to program too. If it did break it would be easy to replace since almost every major retailer carries them.

I still dream of an all access with two expression pedals.

Or a custom Pete Cornish pedalboard.

I really only use two or three presets and use the CC pedals for delay and gain. I don't really need what I am already using.

• Members

Midimate here. Also sort of iffy about the rubber buttons.

How much would it run to change them out to quality metal ones? Would it be hard to do?

IMO, you're better off getting an All Access, or GC Pro

• Members

I've been using a Rolls RFX MP128 Midi Buddy for the last 14 years.

It's simple program change controller that works a treat for what I need and is phantom powered down the Midi cable making it nice and clean in terms of cables to the stage front.

• Members

The Axess FX-1 is not listed in the poll, but is the most fully featured MIDI foot controller available.

With as long as they had taken to put it on the market, I actually didn't even know it was out. I was excited to hear that Axess was working on a MIDI controller, but it was in the works for so friggin' long...

Anyhow, I'll toss it on the poll...

Actually, I do not see any place to update the poll.

I knew people would have other suggestions, which is why I put the "other" on the end.

• Members

I use an FX1. You really need to update your poll. You have 20 year old junk on there but are missing the modern good stuff.

-W

Easy now... not junk... Though the FX1 is more fully featured... Some guys have been using some of that "20 year old junk on there" on world tours for 20 years, and they're still in service... That is a testimony to quality, not junk.

Archived