MIDI switching w/G-System & DMC GCX Switcher

• Members

Thanks for that Zach.
:)

In a way I think your system is a hell of a lot simpler than mine, because it's so versatile and flexible.

Basically it's ANY pedal/s with ANY amp with ANY rack effect unit/s.

Whereas mine has crucial parts that are maintained in place (eg. the Electric Mistress only runs with the Fireball, and only for clean tones), no matter what other parts are doing. It's weird
:freak:

But maybe that would change once I get the mixer?

;) Bob Bradshaw describes my rig as "pretty basic", and says, "it's really simple".

Here is something Bob gave me showing a typical use in a signal chain (for a line mixer)

CAElinemixerschematic.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't know what to do about MIDI floor switcher boards now. I think I'll need at least two- one for the GCX to select individual loops, and one for the Switchblade so I can select individual pedals, but it'll be confusing because I'll have to set the routing every time. Then I also need buttons for presets.

• Members

I'm hoping that the G-System is capable of sending the required MIDI messages to the DMC Ground Control Pro in order to do such switching.

It seems to me that the most commonly misunderstood concept here has to do with the difference between a "CC#" and a "CC# value". The G System may be slightly limited in what exact CC#'s it can transmit on, but every CC# that it can transmit on has it's own value from 0-127. Therefore the G-System should have no issues being able to toggle loops on a GCX.

Archived