Nady power amp thread

• Members

I just had to show some support for Nady. When i was younger the first power amp i bought was a nady, for the price of course. thousand watt amp for under $300? sweet!

Anyhow, i still use Nady power amps now. I have three different ones of theirs all in a rack, and i push them hard often. Never failed me, always worked well. and i HAVE used crowns and crests before, and i havent been 'impressed', especially for the huge cost differences.

anyway, anybody else feel the same way?

• CMS Author

Huge cost differences? On average, a QSC RMX-series amp runs maybe $100-120 more than a Nady.

I don't see any mention of high-pass filters on the Nady, nor whether the limiters can be turned off if desired. The QSC's got 30- and 50Hz HPF's.

The QSC is warranted 5 or 6 years, the Nady: 3 years. Even the best products can fail, and QSC has excellent customer service.

It would be pure speculation, but I'm willing to bet a QSC has much higher resale value than a Nady.

There's more than just initial purchase price to consider. If the Nady's work for you, excellent. I wish you continued good fortune with them.

• Members

i just sold all my yorkville stuff based on this thread!

I'm going with the NADY PL55000

Yeah, one amp, 55,000 watts... Not to bad for 34 dollars.

Probably get all NADY gear too.. mics, all that.. do they make guitar picks?? I hope so..

:D

just joking. I hate NADY... our guitar player got a NADY wireless system and it was a joke.. lasted about 2 hours max off duracells.. and you couldn't get more then 4 feet away..

• Members

Originally posted by drummer_jay

i just sold all my yorkville stuff based on this thread!

I'm going with the NADY PL55000

Yeah, one amp, 55,000 watts... Not to bad for 34 dollars.

Probably get all NADY gear too.. mics, all that.. do they make guitar picks?? I hope so..

just joking. I hate NADY... our guitar player got a NADY wireless system and it was a joke.. lasted about 2 hours max off duracells.. and you couldn't get more then 4 feet away..

I don't like Nady either but it isn't that bad. I see a lot of musicians that we run sound for using them and by no means are they top of the line gear but they do what they're intended to do. Wether or not the sound quality and diversity are any good is another quaetion. If I was on a budget I'd go Nady, fortunately I know better;)

Zuul is talking about amps and everyone is talking about wireless systems. We know they're crap and he does too if I remeber correctly.

• Members

Originally posted by lucho_84

I don't like Nady either but it isn't that bad. I see a lot of musicians that we run sound for using them and by no means are they top of the line gear but they do what they're intended to do. Wether or not the sound quality and diversity are any good is another quaetion. If I was on a budget I'd go Nady, fortunately I know better;)

Zuul is talking about amps and everyone is talking about wireless systems. We know they're crap and he does too if I remeber correctly.

somebody listens!

ive tested out nady speakers, wireless mics, and wired mics before. they are all pure garbage. no PA at all would be better than using any of those.

one more thing... if one of my nady amps DO go bad, i'll just replace it with a new one! :D

• Members

Originally posted by zuul777

one more thing... if one of my nady amps DO go bad, i'll just replace it with a new one!

So how do you gracefully bow out of completing a gig that you have comitted to when an amp fails? Do you get a chance to do the gig again?

You see, I don't have much experience with amp failures, and most of my gigs are 1 strike and you are out type gigs. Doesn't give much flexibility for experimenting with amps going bad.

What kind of face is appropriate to make when there's sudden silence? Are you supposed to act surprised, or is a matter of fact look more appropriate?

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

So how do you gracefully bow out of completing a gig that you have committed to when an amp fails? Do you get a chance to do the gig again?

You see, I don't have much experience with amp failures, and most of my gigs are 1 strike and you are out type gigs. Doesn't give much flexibility for experimenting with amps going bad.

What kind of face is appropriate to make when there's sudden silence? Are you supposed to act surprised, or is a matter of fact look more appropriate?

You simply explain to the crowd that, "everything else I've played with or heard of theirs is total crap", yet I thought it a good idea to save $100 and buy a Nady amp. Who knew it too was total crap.

Seriously - There is more to VALUE than purchase price. Sure the Nady may work for years, but it's an unnecessary gamble to "save" so little in the grand scheme of things. You're talking about saving the equivalent of ONE band members pay on ONE gig. If the amp ever fails at a critical time YOU are going to feel like an ass. If you get a more respected brand, sure it sucks if it goes out, but at least you don't have to second guess your rationale.

If it were acquired for basement practices, and as a back up in an emergency, then that may be a good purchasing decision. "Low bid" is a dicey game when what you're buying is for a critical application. FOH duty for paid gigs meets that criteria.

If you were a tightrope walker would you look for the cheapest rope, especially knowing that other products by the manufacturer were not up to snuff?

Archived