Recommend Mixer case for Mixwiz 16:2

• Members

The 10 space tops in the Gator line of consule cases, with various #s of rack spaces below the mixer, WILL work for an A&H 16:2, but only with the rear rotated so that the connections are facing down into the lower rack spaces. This is good for a set and forget rack, but obviously makes for a more difficult plugging of additional stuff at the gig.

Gator also just came out with a 12-space.

Audioeast.com (banner above) treated me very well on my purchase of a Gator for this purpose. In fact, they spent a lot of their profit rushing the item to me in time for a big gig.

• Members

I've done both. As mentioned the Gator is pretty unmanageable unless not moved much.

I bought the SKB pop-up from Northernsound.net for $161. I like it. Works great for gigging and has room to store some cables and extension cord. It's also easier to hook up the mixer in this rack as the inputs are more accessible.

A word of caution, the "normal" SKB case sold at most online stores is too shallow and WILL NOT fit the A&H mixers.

• Members

What's your budget, and what are you looking for?

Mine has an 11 space rack on top, which would fit a MixWiz very well, and 14 spaces on the front and back. It's got 2" foam all the way around. I think something like this goes for close to $1,000 new though.

Here's what mine looks like with an XR-20 in it, which I will probably be selling at some point in the future:

rack.jpg

rack_sm.JPG

• Members
R & R Cases makes some really good stuff. They'd be worth looking into.

You bet, but they AIN'T cheap! We have a side-by 2x14 space shockmount rack and the thing is absolutely beautiful. I have never seen a better built or more quality construction than R&R cases.

• Members

Originally posted by twostone

Hey Gavin I notice you got B's in your rack.

Yep, sad but true. Those are two of three pieces of B gear that I own, the other being a cable tester.

I've had the compressor for about 6 years, and I use it mostly for the horn subgroup, and the other channel for whatever. But it's seen a bit more use since my DBX 1066 is in for repair. Kind of ironic, I think.

The gate I use for drums, obviously. At the time, I needed a gate, and I needed it quick, and I was broke. So there you go. It works OK, as long as you don't ask it to do too much. The frequency and bandwidth controls are nice, but the detents on the threshold control are a little far apart for my taste. It works alright though, so whatever. If it dies, I'll unplug it and get something better.

I think you'll agree that the B stuff is definitely the weakest link in my system. ;)

• Members

Alright Brain, but I think you were out voted on which name you suggested. Your dam lucky about the B comp. my lasted about a year then took a dump on one side right in the middle of the set and the bass player I had at the time went off on me because it was on his channel which he demanded that he had to have a comp on his bass channel. But now with the new bass player we have, he has one on his amp.So I replaced the B comp. with a DBX 266XL and only use it for kick. And that's a pretty nice rack set up.

• Members

Hi guys,

Thanks for your ideas.

What I really meant to find was a suitcase kind of box. To me, that is what a case is. I have a rack for my amps and rack gear, but I just want to take out the mixer and set it on top of the rack.

Mixwiz is 20 x 20 x 8.

Thank you.

• Members

Originally posted by flip333

What I really meant to find was a suitcase kind of box. To me, that is what a case is. I have a rack for my amps and rack gear, but I just want to take out the mixer and set it on top of the rack.

Again, my MixWiz is very omfortable in the Raxxess case, and it can be placed on a table or anywhere and angle the mixer how you'd like. I didn't want a huge rack case either and this was my best option.

• Members

The SKB is a "suitcase" type as well. It's designed to sit on top of the rotomold and standard SKB (also Gator) cases. If your other "racks" are of this type then I'd recommend, if they aren't then I wouldn't.

Archived