ES700P Question

• Members

The manual for the LS700P states to set the volume to 0. However the ES700P goes from 1 to 10 and Yorkville.com doesn't have a owners manual for the ES model.

Been running the volume about 7 but not sure where to set it to get full 700 watts or the equivilent to 0 on the LS model.

• Members
Originally posted by ned911

The manual for the LS700P states to set the volume to 0. However the ES700P goes from 1 to 10 and Yorkville.com doesn't have a owners manual for the ES model.

Been running the volume about 7 but not sure where to set it to get full 700 watts or the equivilent to 0 on the LS model.

Is there a peak light on the amp section? That'll give you an idea if you are getting a strong enough signal to the amp. How is your sub/top cab balance. That's one way to adjust it.

• Members

Like any other amp the "volume knob" is for input sensitivity so in reality it's all about how hot the signal is going to the sub.

That said, on my ES700P's I set it between 5 & 7. Never had it higher than this as "7" gets the most out of the sub with our gain structure feeding it. Remember, if you overdrive it the protection will kick in and output will be reduced.

• Members

I use my Ls700P with a pair of NX55Ps. I usually put on a song with decent bass content and turn up my mains until the NX55Ps are occasionally flashing their limit lights. Then I go to my sub and put one hand over one of the bass ports (feel the air coming out). I turn up the gain slowly and at some point I will notice the amount of air pressure is no longer increasing. This means the sub is at it's max and is limiting. Now I back up the gain just a tiny bit and I know my sub will be maxing out at about the same level as my tops. My level usually ends up at 12 o'clock or just past 0. However, if you're not setting up like me, this might not work. You can maybe use your amplifier's clip lights as your guide and while it at it's near max output, turn up the sub until it is too. In my situation, I'm simply sending a variable line level signal from one of my NX55Ps to my LS700P. Anyway, that works for me... Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

Archived