Peavey in Canada

• Members

Talk to Mike at Lee's Music in Kamloops. He's a regional provider who has probably done over 100 shows with our Versarrays and power amps (and 100's and 100's with older Peavey gear).

How many L&M's are there ... I just saw 4 listed but I just flashed by. There could have been a bunch more on other pages. I just stopped searching.

• Members

I bought an Alto Mistral 2500 Power Amp once for 299.99 canadian, haha i couldnt pass it up, Its not the sweetest thing in the closest but it does the job if It's needed for why I bought it as a backup.

WTF! I paid close to 600$ when I bought mine about 2 years ago! I guess they have gone down in price. It was an OK amp but boy did it get hot quick pushing a 4ohm/channel load! Heavy as a brick too. I had an incident during a big wedding when I put on thunderstruck and at the beginning when the bass drum kicks in for the first ''Thunder'', the amp's limiters reduced the output by about 1/2 for about a second. I guess it was doing it's job but maybe a little agressively.... Al

• Members

Alright.. Many had suggested me to get a pair of PR15p. But being in Vancouver, where should I get them from? And any idea of how much I would be paying?

Being such a big brand, it's kinda hard to believe that it's so hard to find some on the shelves.

I asked some guy at Langley L&M, he just told me they don't carry them..

Kamloops is too far.

• Members

Alright.. Many had suggested me to get a pair of PR15p. But being in Vancouver, where should I get them from? And any idea of how much I would be paying?

Being such a big brand, it's kinda hard to believe that it's so hard to find some on the shelves.

I asked some guy at Langley L&M, he just told me they don't carry them..

Kamloops is too far.

AxeMusic has a store in edmonton and Calgary and they offer free shipping on most items... Here is a link... Al

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numPageStartPosition=1&PT_ID=231&P_ID=12109

• Members

Thanks Al,

Their prices are not bad.. a little bit more then US.

Do you know of any other Canadian online music store? (not necessary selling Peavy)

Here is one in North Bay, a few hours from where I live. They have a small store in North Bay but have many many brands/items that can be ordered online. Shipping is free for purchases over a certain amount but I'm not sure if this is applicable only to Ontario orders or anywhere in Canada orders. Pretty cool site anyway...Enjoy! Al

• Members

The main reason you don't see Peavey in Canada as much is simply because Peavey does not have a Canadian distributor. Pesonaly I love Peavey products, they work well and have provide a good quality for the price. Peavey units are built like a tank for instance my XR8300 is build with the same material (outer shell) that is used for football helmets. They have some excellent amps such as the 6505 (or the discontinued 5150) the JSX, and the classic 30's, 50's, and 100's. Heck I still have one of the first run Peavey Bandit 112S amps and it still rocks.

Their support is also very good. In my opinion (with over 16 years of road and studio experience) I would say that they make a very respectable product.

Archived