Carvin TRx153 3-Way Speaker Vocal Clarity

• Members

I remember the catalogs. You use to be able to buy Carvin cabs with JBL speakers in them. I think they offered EV speakers for a while also. I own a 1644 mixer that is used for rehearsals. It does the job but it is just OK. I try to buy from my local store. if something breaks down they will give me a loaner none ot this send it back to the factory horse{censored} that you get from buying online.

Yes, in those years at different times they offered JBL, E-V, Altec, Gauss, Renkus-Heinz, etc.

• Members

For one thing, EAW uses a driver that is so far superior to the Carvin driver as to be "no contest".

Secondly, the radial phase plug concept goes back to probably the late 40's or early 50's... Altec has understood the concept of both the phase plug and aperature filtering (for the same reason) for many, many years.

Just because a manufacturer cites a patent doesn't mean anything.

Well it might mean something to Behringer! ( They could steal it)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hi everyone, does someone knows where i can buy the crossover for a Carvin TRx153?

For a replacement, you're going to need to go directly to Carvin, since they don't have a dealer/service network.

However, in most cases, the damaged components in your crossover can be readily identified and replaced by any decent tech.

Archived