Audio Production Coordinator Job Opening.

• Members

To me that's an awful lot of job responsibilities for a 40 hour work week - seems like a person just might end up throwing in some freebie hours to get things done. Course if a person had some decent students working with you it just might be doable. With all the requirements for "high quality audio and recordings" my first question would be what equipment is available to accomplish this, and then what would be the commitment and finances available to accomplish said goals should upgrades be deemed necessary. And yea, $45K does seem like they are looking for an entry level person with a ton of experience.

• Members

Well, consider your and your family's health benefits are paid in full add $18K+ to the salary gets you to $63K+ to start as well as the enrollment in the Public Employees Retirement System. Realistically guys, what are you guys paying for the health benefits for your family now and how good are they? That needs to be compared as well before you blow this opportunity off as an underpaid position.

• Members

That would make it an on par salary for an avg AV tech (IMO) in SoCal. Still underpaid IMO (based on what they are requiring).

My current job has very similar responsibilities than the above, though not as specialized in some aspects because of the environment. I make around the national average for an AV guy which is ~$40k. I pay about $4,500/year for health/dental/vision/disability. If you transferred my wages/job to Cali, I would expect it to be $50k-$60k.

This is why I think it is under paid :)

• Members

That would make it an on par salary for an avg AV tech (IMO) in SoCal. Still underpaid IMO (based on what they are requiring).

My current job has very similar responsibilities than the above, though not as specialized in some aspects because of the environment. I make around the national average for an AV guy which is ~$40k. I pay about $4,500/year for health/dental/vision/disability. If you transferred my wages/job to Cali, I would expect it to be $50k-$60k.

This is why I think it is under paid
:)

Family health benefits are usually worth a lot more than $4500/yr. Also, this job is only for 11 months out of the year. You could still pick up outside work over the summer.

-Dan.

• Members

Family health benefits are usually worth a lot more than $4500/yr. Also, this job is only for 11 months out of the year. You could still pick up outside work over the summer.

-Dan.

worth doesn't equal salary off set. if my company offered me free health care, I wouldnt expect a $10k-$18k salary drop.

• CMS Author

Well, consider your and your family's health benefits are paid in full add $18K+ to the salary gets you to $63K+ to start as well as the enrollment in the Public Employees Retirement System. Realistically guys, what are you guys paying for the health benefits for your family now and how good are they? That needs to be compared as well before you blow this opportunity off as an underpaid position.

It's also only an 11 month year, plus vacation time off.

I'm very surprised they don't expect a Bachelor's...I've never seen a college not require a BA/BS for employees in anything but floor-sweeping jobs.

Archived