New Sub Time

• Members

For some of the smaller bars and private parties we use a ES700P under our SRX715's. However the little guy is getting worn out as it's been in the shop twice in the last month.

So the easy thing is get a new LS700P but the lack of XLR inputs is just plain annoying.

So what else should I look at?

Band is a 3 piece cover band playing mostly 80's stuff which we break down into pop, rock, hair band and rap (Tone Loc, Run DMC, Beastie Boys).

• Members

For some of the smaller bars and private parties we use a ES700P under our SRX715's. However the little guy is getting worn out as it's been in the shop twice in the last month.

So the easy thing is get a new LS700P but the lack of XLR inputs is just plain annoying.

So what else should I look at?

Band is a 3 piece cover band playing mostly 80's stuff which we break down into pop, rock, hair band and rap (Tone Loc, Run DMC, Beastie Boys).

JBL PRX518S, It's lighter than the LS700P, and not much larger (JBL: 28.5"x21"x24" (79lbs) Yorkville: 24.5"x24"x17.5" (90.4lbs))

• Members

Do you have a budget in mind?

RCF has a couple of new powered subs, 905 and I forgot the other model. One is a powered 12" and the other is a powered 15". Both are lighter than the 705. The 12" model is around the 60lb mark and sounds pretty good.

• Members

Interesting. Trying to keep it below $1200 because if I go hire than that then I'll grab a KV2 EX2.2
:)

Going to check out the RCF's now.

Contact Mike at www.audiopyle.com for pricing on the RCF.

He has given me some decent pricing on many products.

I actually have a pair of RCF 4PRO8001-s subs on order with him now.

• Members

The Yorkville LS720P isn't a bad sub either. I don't think it kicks quite as hard as the ES700P, but it's close. It's even smaller and lighter than the 700, so one person can handle it pretty easily.

The 720P is a great powered sub. It's output is not as high as the 700P, but its response is smoother, it goes slightly lower, weighs less and works even better when you couple a pair together. Oh yeah, XLR ins and outs too...

Al

• Members

Yeah. Per above post if I could fit 18's into the venue I would use my SRX718's but there are venues where the physically will not fit and still have a dance floor or an aisle.

Sub needs to be small and fit on a stage with limited space.

• Members

Interesting. Trying to keep it below $1200 because if I go hire than that then I'll grab a KV2 EX2.2
:)

Going to check out the RCF's now.

If small is a priority, you sould also look at the Danley TH-Mini in that price range. They can be special ordered in a self powered version too. Our passive ones cost us considerably less than $1200, but I don't know how much more the powered version would be.

We love ours. They are about as small as you can get, but still get very loud. The trade off is they are not cheap and they fall off rapidly below 50hz.

Winston

Archived