Yamaha SW218V Driver

• Members
I think you guys mean Kappa? Deltas are a 2.5" VC unless a major change has been made.

I have some new drivers similar to the Omega (4" VC) available, should be very close to the Yamaha in terms of TS parameters.

I thought the regular Deltas were 2 1/2 but the 15/18" cast frame Pro was a 3". Could be wrong. I used to have some 18" cast frame Eminences with 3" VC/80 oz magnet that I bought new for $49. A TC company used them for install designs and had to buy more than they needed to get them so they sold some extras basically at cost.

• Members

Just checked, Deltas are 1.5"VC and they discontinued the Kappa 18 line but the Sigma replaced them at 3" VC. The Kappa is still available in the 15"

Yep, I checked too. You are right about the Delta Pros being 2.5" also. They do, however, have a larger magnet than the regular Delta.

• Members

Yep, I checked too. You are right about the Delta Pros being 2.5" also. They do, however, have a larger magnet than the regular Delta.

Yes, the naming has to do with the basket & VC size, the pro generally has a larger magnet, longer winding height and maybe a tougher suspension depending on the specific model.

Archived