NX35's with XTI4000

• Members

Was thinking about using my NX35's instead of the SRX715's at the small club we play next month - I've got a hernia so let's carry the lightest stuff we have.

The NX35's are rated at 350 program and the XTI puts out 650 at 8ohms. Should I limit the power in the amp for speaker protecting? Where should I cross these over? and any EQ? It's been a long time since we used the NX35's as they were being used as wedges in rehearsal.

3 piece cover band, guitar/bass direct and acoustic drums with only kick mic'd for this venue.

Sub is a ES700P.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Actually got a gig where we need to bring minimal PA. So it's NX35's with either the XTI4k or a QSC2402 and no sub. If I use the XTI anyone have suggestions for EQ settings and X-over points and slope type.

I used my NX350's (old version of the NX35"s) twice without subs and they worked okay BUT then the third time I used them without subs it was really NOT okay. So I would suggest you bring a sub unless the gig is really, really small. Everytime I've used them since, I've used a sub and been happy - within my expecttion of those boxes.

For gigs of 100 or so, I just used a small powered sub aux fed, and rolled off the bottom on the main graph - combat audio style.

If you are using a crossover (and you might as well) don't cross those subs over too high, I think the 90 to 100hz region would be good.

• Members

Why not just use one side of the amp and run mono then daisy chain the NX35's it's what I do with my PLX2502 and I would x-over the little Yorkie sub between 90-95 hz.

My old rig was NX35's with LS700P's along with a DBX 223 set to 95 hz.

I moved the NX35's and PLX 2502 to monitor duty now.

• Members

The only subs we have are a huge Carvin and 2 KV2 EX2.2's. There is virtually no parking so the trailer stays home and load in/out is horrible. There is no need to mic the drums and the bass amp can carry that.

• Members

The only subs we have are a huge Carvin and 2 KV2 EX2.2's. There is virtually no parking so the trailer stays home and load in/out is horrible. There is no need to mic the drums and the bass amp can carry that.

Seen you had listed a ES700P though it was the older Yorkiville ES700P which is now their LS models.

• Members

Oh, I thought you were using a Yorkville ES700P and that there was no bass amp because you said the bass was going direct. I also thought you said you needed to mic the kick.

But, if none of that is happening, you should be okay with just the NX350's, but watch your power. I have miced kick with those alone, but it's not going to sound "subby".

Archived