Removing Negative Feedback Resistor...

ksl

• Members

Greetings~ I believe I get it... but let's say I just wanna clip the NFB and not have a pot or switch (which I very well might want), could I simply clip either end of the R & leave it taped off, or remove it without completing the circuit that existed previously
(w/o that R)? ॐ thnx

Screenshot_20240125_164554_Chrome.jpg

• Members

Thanks again, so just to put a lid on this baby, if I simply wanted to hear just how it sounds w/o the NFB, I could "interrupt" the wire from the spkr jack to the nfb R? And if I liked it, w/o any NFB, I could let it hang as is, perhaps just taping it off, & no othet precautions necessary? thnx

• Moderators

I will go out on a limb here and ask: What are you trying to accomplish? More 'dirt'...yes, you will get it, but there are tradeoffs.

Typically, I would suggest not doing it, but it won't necessarily damage your amp to try defeating it.

There is a reason for NFB, in tube amps, mainly to stabilize the gain. But it also reduces output impedance, while increasing input impedance, and lessens distortion, oscillations...so ... consider that the amp's designer put it in the circuit for a reason.:wave:

• Like 1