BOSS RC-3 input jack replacement

Shalom Joss

• Members

I have an rc-3 looper  and one of the inputs doesn't work, to send it to get fixed almost costs as much as i payed for it so it isnt worth it. I am ready to replace the input jack my self but i cant find the piece online. the jack seems to have soldering points. can i just buy any jack that also has three tips?

• Members
21 hours ago, Shalom Joss said:

I have an rc-3 looper  and one of the inputs doesn't work, to send it to get fixed almost costs as much as i payed for it so it isnt worth it. I am ready to replace the input jack my self but i cant find the piece online. the jack seems to have soldering points. can i just buy any jack that also has three tips?

Yes you can. Question is, will the tabs match the board? If not, here's an idea that has worked for me in the past with amps and input jacks. Flip the jack around, and wired it to the board with wires.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 9/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, Shalom Joss said:

to answer the question [as bp already did]. yes...but jacks, in and of themselves, rarely go 'bad'...make certain the jack is making contact to the TS/TRS plug, and proper contact to the circuit board before you go tearing everything apart.:wave: