Sandberg basses from Germany

hippityhoppity

• Members

just wondering if any body can answer a question for me.  I just bought two new sandberg "automotive" series basses and both arrived in either beat up or relic'd condition.  one I bought from thomann and one from a shop in the Netherlands.  here's the thing - they are not advertised as relic'd basses.  I have a fender Wayne Kramer guitar so I know what relic'd is but these two basses were supposed to be brand new and no mention of being relic'd.  maybe I missed something.  it was a decent chunk of change for a couple of basses that look like they were polished by an 8 yr old using a Brillo pad not to mention one of them has about 20 gouges.  so - anyone on here know about Sandberg  Germany and maybe can educate me as to how they "finish" their basses? was I supposed to know they'd arrive relic'd? thanks for your time in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One of the most significant characteristics that distinguishes Sandberg bass guitars from other companies is the fact that you can entirely customise your bass. This is in addition to the quality construction process, which we'll discuss shortly. You can select from a variety of model types with particular pickups and then design your own finish, deciding whether you prefer matt or gloss finishes or for your rarewoods to be on display. Then, from a dizzying array of options, you can select the neck wood, scale length, string configuration, whether or not you want inlays, and even the colour of your hardware!

This implies that you can create the bass guitar of your dreams according to the precise parameters you desire—a totally unique bass guitar made to suit your requirements.

But don't think you have to build a custom model; we have a wide variety of solutions that our bass experts across the firm have individually built. You can always expect to buy a bass guitar of the highest calibre because these have all been made in the Sandberg factory with care and attention to detail

Edited by nethanpaul