Plugging a wall wart in backwards?

• Members

in the U.S. we use alternating current which is bi-directional so no. It's not like DC current which flows only one way. The transformer changes the A.C. to D.C. I'd plug it in the right way just to be sure though...

• Members

yeah, but if you CAN plug it in backwards, then there IS NO backwards.

if it has a larger neutral blade, you can only plug it in one way.

if it has a ground pin you can only plug it in one way.

if it has two small blades it can go in either way, but NEITHER WAY IS BACKWARDS.

• Members

If you stick in with the blades out.

I guess then it wouldn't work if it is backwards....:thu: Trying to get electricity to flow around the outlet strip into the prongs is difficult. Maybe if the outlet strip and wall wart were dropped in water :idea:

• Members

That could be a new audiophile device to market. The AC phase corrector. It of course will inprove the sonic clairity of any audio device that is plugged into it. By correcting the phase of the AC line, the molecules inside of the rectifier diodes will align themselves and pass a purer form of DC to the filter caps (once they get broken in, they become acoustomed to the rhythmic 60 CPS and have to work much less to do their job).

Bu using the AC phase corrector you will notice that in a few weeks your system will have a more tightly controled bottom end and an absolutly transparent top end. As a matter of fact our on staff golden ears claim that the difference is so transparent that it's like no difference at all. This is a MUST HAVE for any serious audiophile. Retail price is a mere $199.99 per 20 amp phase corrector. A small price to pay for that truly transparent change that you will percieve in you sound system.

• Members

That could be a new audiophile device to market. The AC phase corrector. It of course will inprove the sonic clairity of any audio device that is plugged into it. By correcting the phase of the AC line, the molecules inside of the rectifier diodes will align themselves and pass a purer form of DC to the filter caps (once they get broken in, they become acoustomed to the rhythmic 60 CPS and have to work much less to do their job).

Bu using the AC phase corrector you will notice that in a few weeks your system will have a more tightly controled bottom end and an absolutly transparent top end. As a matter of fact our on staff golden ears claim that the difference is so transparent that it's like no difference at all. This is a MUST HAVE for any serious audiophile. Retail price is a mere $199.99 per 20 amp phase corrector. A small price to pay for that truly transparent change that you will percieve in you sound system.

Yea, I have used those, they are a great value. I can't think of anything iI have have done that has had a bigger, more appearent change to sound. It was like somone lifted a cloth off my speakers. I also use it on my DVD player, for increased resolution and warmth.

The do take a while I to break in though. I used mine on a 15 amp leg for the first few months to be sure to let it break in slowly.

• CMS Author

Yea, I have used those, they are a great value. I can't think of anything iI have have done that has had a bigger, more appearent change to sound. It was like somone lifted a cloth off my speakers. I also use it on my DVD player, for increased resolution and warmth.

The do take a while I to break in though. I used mine on a 15 amp leg for the first few months to be sure to let it break in slowly.

DUDE!!! NO!!! I have a special break-in circuit on my service (which incidentally I re-wired back to the substation with 99.9996% pure copper) with a variable breaker that I can adjust infinitely from 0.003 amps up to the full service capacity. It ROCKS dude!!!! My phase-corrector responds perfectly, my gastric reflux has stopped, and my car upshifts smoother. You totally need this!!!:thu::thu::thu:

EDIT: PS: I'm working on a total rewire all the way back to the Limerick nuclear plant. I hope this omission doesn't reflect poorly on your opinion of me as a person.

Archived