Senyor Santo Nino Hymn, Fingerstyle Guitar

Rene Asologuitar

• Members
On 1/25/2022 at 7:00 PM, DeepEnd said:

Can't say I recognize the melody but that was lovely.

Hi DeepEnd,

Thanks for the kind words, and the melody is a bit foreign cause it's origin is from the Philippines.  January is the feast month of Senyor Santo Nino de Cebu, always a special celebration. The Santo Nino was a gift from Spain to the Queen of Cebu in 1621.  The Philippines is also celebrating 500 years of Christianity, and is also a big celebration in the country.

5 hours ago, daddymack said:

I saw the song title and said to myself ' maybe we have a new Pinoy on board...a Cebuano!'

kumusta ka na?

Hi daddymack,

Maayo kaayo!!!!

Salamat sa imong pag-welcome kanako.  Kamao ko mag binisaya, kay nagdaku ko sa Davao City.  Ang akong igsoon, naa sa Cebu and iyang pamilya.  Ikaw, kamusta ka man Pre?

Rene

• Moderators

ako intindihan conti lang...and you have exceeded it...:D

my wife, [aka MommaMack] is a pinay from Ilocos Sur, along with her bothers and sisters, and 300-some-odd cousins here in SoCal.  Always wanted to get to Davao/Mindanao, Cebu, Samar....been to PI twice. Luzon...Manila, Baguio, points in between...

• Members
17 hours ago, daddymack said:

ako intindihan conti lang...and you have exceeded it...:D

my wife, [aka MommaMack] is a pinay from Ilocos Sur, along with her bothers and sisters, and 300-some-odd cousins here in SoCal.  Always wanted to get to Davao/Mindanao, Cebu, Samar....been to PI twice. Luzon...Manila, Baguio, points in between...

Thanks daddymack,

Regards to all the Pinoy in your family, so many!!!

You have to visit and see some more of the Phil.  If not for the pandemic, I probably would be in Cagayan De Oro, Iloilo, Cebu and Davao, where I have relatives, and maybe see more of the other places like Samar, and Dumaguete, Bacolod.  

Hugs to MommaMack!

Blessings,

Rene

• Moderators

maraming salamat, pare!

Best regards to your family in the PI!:thu:

We do have another pinoy, MBengs, who stops by every now and then...he's on Mindanao.

We were scheduled to be in the PI March 2020 [for my F-i-L's 95th ], but that couldn't happen, and now, with the Filipino quarantine requirements still in force, we're not going anytime soon.:(

How long have you been in the US?

• Like 1

• Members
22 hours ago, daddymack said:

maraming salamat, pare!

Best regards to your family in the PI!:thu:

We do have another pinoy, MBengs, who stops by every now and then...he's on Mindanao.

We were scheduled to be in the PI March 2020 [for my F-i-L's 95th ], but that couldn't happen, and now, with the Filipino quarantine requirements still in force, we're not going anytime soon.:(

How long have you been in the US?

daddymack Pare!

I got to the US in 1985, and San Diego was very very cold on a December night, I can still remember.

Wow - F-i-L 97 by now!  Send my regards to MBengs as well.  I think the Fit quarantine just recently changed, pls check it out.  Maybe you guys can plan something, but with this pandemic still raging, who knows.  

Where are you guys based?  I am in Oak Harbor, WA between Seattle and Vancouver.

Blessings,

Rene