need PA help

• CMS Author

The band's overall volume hasn't been mentioned. If you have acoustic drums in a room that's no bigger than 20 ft, that's going to be really loud, and I can guarantee you won't get vocals up over the drums, bass and guitar, even with better speakers. Find a way to get the overall volume really low....this is practice/rehearsal, not an arena show, and you need o hear each other to mesh as a band and to identifiy problems in the songs.

• Members

The band's overall volume hasn't been mentioned. If you have acoustic drums in a room that's no bigger than 20 ft, that's going to be really loud, and I can guarantee you won't get vocals up over the drums, bass and guitar, even with better speakers. Find a way to get the overall volume really low....this is practice/rehearsal, not an arena show, and you need o hear each other to mesh as a band and to identifiy problems in the songs.

its my friends bedroom, its about the average size of what a bedroom would be, and the walls are very hard. it would make perfect sense if the overall volume is too loud, but its the only practice space we have, but idk how we could fix this

• Members
SI picked up a Behringer B412DSP used for around $200 bucks on CL. 600 watts and could be heard with a rock band playing in a garage with full sized gear.

Good deal! I got my pair for $330 each delivered as refurbs. They are kinda heavy at 65lbs each. They can get stupid loud and survived a few hours of PRX518S frying :poke: bass heavy music with the limiter lights flashing :thu:. OTOH I've heard that their warranty service takes forever so I'm a bit loath to recommend them. Everybody has liked how they sound even without subs - I've even put a little kick and bass in them no prob.

Archived