NAMM 2010

• Members
How do you know this?

Behringer's website has the "pending FCC/CE - not for sale in the US and EU" info on their powered subs - I'm just speculating on the rest (I think I made that clear?). I know Behringer was never able to get the DDX3216 digital mixer through FCC and class-d amps have traditionally been tough - the IPR-6000 is essentially a 6kw broadband RF transmitter with a big arse filter on the output, no? I doubt Peavey is holding up shipping them just to piss us off :lol:.

• Members

it was a decent show. so much happening in the computer recording area, one could spend a lot of time watching demos. I went thurs through saturday.

the presonus digi board looks cool, especially the new bigger 24 ch one.

one of my fave products was the $99 TC electronics guit tuner which can do all 6 strings at the same time.

yea, the EV ZX-a1 indeed looks cool.

it was nice to chat with AgedH at the EWI booth, and Mark too. good guys!

• Members
Accord to the Phonic rep, the Presonus isnt a really digital mixer like their new mixer. the rep also told me that the Studiolive has 9 ms of delay vs 2 ms from there mixer.

The first claim makes the second highly suspect dontcha think :facepalm:? I've always wondered if "Shooting Yourself in the Foot 101" is a required course to get a degree in marketing :lol:.

• Members

i didn't go, too burnt out. i did have a few $7 hot dogs at the show

Just a little markup. :poke:

We displayed at an industrial tradeshow in Greensboro several years back. All food and beverages were to be bought through the convention center. They wanted $13.50 for a bag of M&M's that I can get at Sam's Club for $4. A case of Budweiser was over $75. We only bought the first round from the convention center. Luckily I had a few empty cases after I unloaded equipment. ;)

• Members

Andy, I went by the G-B booth, saw Roger, but he was walking fast to the back area (behind the booth). Had a blast at the show. SO much to see.

Next time, we need to have a Harmony-Central meetup around the show. SO far I've met You and Roger (last year) and that's it. I need to meet more HC folks in real life!

• Members

I can't spend that much on food in the real world. The taco wagon in hall E was a good option, expensive but not quite so stupid.

At least the food id pretty good compared with some places.

Breakfast was good as always, lots to talk about. I'm sure most would be considered O.T.

• Members

The Breakfast on SUnday looked good. We got there in time for the Best in Show discussion. now I know that next year, it's worth it to get there ealier and grab the grub, too. Really enjoyed what the panelists had to say about the new products (and why they chose what they chose.)..

• Members

I arrived home from Namm about an hour ago (long drive... big snow storm pushed my route approx. 150 miles of drive-around... Andy: All that rain that was falling on SAC... that turned to snow somewhere south of Weed).

My knee-jerk reaction to the 2010 Namm is: What wasn't at Namm was at least as interesting to me as what was at Namm.

• Members

I arrived home from Namm about an hour ago (long drive... big snow storm pushed my route approx. 150 miles of drive-around... Andy: All that rain that was falling on SAC... that turned to snow somewhere south of Weed).

Crap! We got hammered all day today, maybe an inch and a half. Postponing my run to Auburn to look at an installation, they said it's sloppy wet, slushy, cold and windy.

• Members

I got to check it out today. I didnt really see any others but Im sure I missed alot. Seems like decent features. Motorized faders, adjustable EQ, 8 AUX channels, firewire so recording should be pretty nice. I dont know if I would rather have this board over the Presonus. The new 24 channel Studiolive is pretty nice!

Turbosound released there new mid-level powered speaker this week called "Milan M15", nice sounding and at a great price point around $1000. bucks. I did get to hear some Ipod music through it but nothing live.

Turbosound's published specs on that new box -if these are to be believed, that thing goes really low, gets loud and is extremely lightweight:

Milan M15 Tech Specs

- 1 x 15" LF driver, 1 x 1" HF compression driver

- 125dB continuous, 131dB peak max SPL

- 36Hz

• Members

Many powered speakers use dynamic eq to get extended LF but "roll up" when pushed. My 'ringer B412DSP's are -3db at 45hz but the low end goes away when you push them. Still great for background music at moderate SPLs but definitely need subs when you're shootin' for 105db at FOH :).

• Members

I think some real world data is in order ;)

I have a hard time with this unless they traded off a lot of sensitivity and power handling in order to achieve it. Yes, there are things we can do in DSP (assuming that's what they are doing) but there are also tradeoffs that we can not assess with the data presented.

So, it gets a qualified maybe from me.

• Members

Turbosound's published specs on that new box -if these are to be believed, that thing goes
really
low, gets loud and is extremely lightweight:

Milan M15 Tech Specs

- 1 x 15" LF driver, 1 x 1" HF compression driver

- 125dB continuous, 131dB peak max SPL

- 36Hz

Archived