OLP MM1 upgrades

wylderubicon

• Members

I recently bought a used OLP MM1 that want to do some upgrades.  I understand and know I will not recoup my money and probably not worth doing so, but this is more of a fun project.

I got the guitar used for $70 and it came with a Dimarzio DP100  in the bridge,  Grover strap locks and tusq nut.  so I feel I'm already ahead of the game.

Here is what I'm looking to Upgrade

Bridge:   I would like to install some type of  Floyd Rose type. I would like a surface mount instead of a recessed one. I don't care to pull up much. something that doesnt require to route the cavity if I don't have to.  I'm handy with wood tools and routers so I will if I must. looking at guitar fetish one with brass block for like $75  those any good?

neck pick up.   humbucker sized p90.   what is a good priced one out there?  Alternatively, duncan 59' if I can coil split the DP100 in there for out of phase sound. 

pot.   it currently has a single pot.   for the pot, I already have a push-pull cts pot I can use.  option 1, if I can coil split the dp100 the that, else bright/mud(capacitor)  can anyone lead me to some diagrams for them?

switch.  its a 3 way switch.  who makes a reliable 3 way switch on the cheaper side?  my plan is to have the middle position be a kill switch. any diagrams out there?

thanks

• Members

https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/high-power/super-distortion

This pickup started a sound revolution. Replacement pickups simply didn’t exist before the invention of the Super Distortion® in the early Seventies. The Super Distortion® (and its original 3-conductor version, the Dual Sound®) was the first pickup specifically designed to kick a tube amp into total overdrive, and is still the standard by which all other high-output pickups are measured. The Super Distortion® has a perfect blend of power and tone: both single-notes and chords jump out of the amp and fill the room (or the track) with a wall of sound. The balance of tones is classic — thick, boosted mids, big lows and fat highs. This is the sound you’ve heard for over three decades on platinum records, from players as varied as Ace Frehley, Al Di Meola, and Paul Gilbert. It’s also versatile: 4-conductor wiring allows instant access to Strat®-like split and series-parallel modes. Discover what thousands of great players know: the Super Distortion® is the best all ’round high-power pickup ever made.

I'm not sure if Dimarzio offers a P90 like Humbucker sized pick up but Duncan does.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/phat-cat

I hope this helps

Archived