12 fret steel string search

Idunno

• Members
10 minutes ago, garthman said:

Oh so weird. I well remember Phil posting the review months ago because about a week later I came across one (a blue one!!) and it played and sounded great. 

Ha, I'm not going nuts, then. Honestly, if fender's QA people have a lick of sense they'll revamp the looks and keep the body as-is.

• Members
On 1/27/2020 at 1:07 AM, Idunno said:

Ha, I'm not going nuts, then. Honestly, if fender's QA people have a lick of sense they'll revamp the looks and keep the body as-is.

And burn all the blue ones!

I've not tried this Washburn but it looks promising:  https://www.washburn.com/product/r314/

It does have a V neck but it might be worth trying if you can find one.

• Members

Not a bad looking guitar, Howard, but I checked out the neck shape and it's a very pronounced V, almost sharp. Don't think I could psyche myself up enough to give it a go with that neck. Thanks for looking out for me.

On a tangent, while I was looking around I stumbled across this guy so I thought I'd paste him up here for a little lesson and entertainment.

• Members
On 1/30/2020 at 12:47 AM, Idunno said:

Not a bad looking guitar, Howard, but I checked out the neck shape and it's a very pronounced V, almost sharp. Don't think I could psyche myself up enough to give it a go with that neck. Thanks for looking out for me.

You're welcome, Joe. 

Spoke shave? :idk:

PS. An old Stella parlour might be an option is you could find one?

Here's a vid of the Recording King I bought:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Still on the look-out for a 12 fret guitar but most of them are the extended upper bout "false" 12 fret types where the overall length is the same as a 14 fret guitar. I'm looking for the type where the bridge is displaced back to the center of the lower bout and the neck is correspondingly shorter. I saw one that dates back to the early 1900's (Lyle) and the seller is asking $3800.00 for it. Some people's kids...

Archived